American adventure; Free man
- American adventure
- Free man
- Producing Organization
- University of North Carolina
- Contributing Organization
- University of Maryland (College Park, Maryland)
- AAPB ID
If you have more information about this item than what is given here, we want to know! Contact us, indicating the AAPB ID (cpb-aacip/500-wd3q1109).
- The story of Joseph Palmer, a 19th century American who refused to pay a fine for keeping facial hair and was imprisoned as a result. On principle, Palmer remained in prison until he was finally released more than a year later.
- This series studies the values and characteristics of notable figures from America's early years. It is written by John M. Ehle and directed by John S. Clayton.
- Fines (Penalties)
- Media type
Actor: Wynn, Earl
Actor: Barnes, Bill
Actor: Young, Joe
Actor: Simms, Tom
Director: Clayton, John S.
Producing Organization: University of North Carolina
Writer: Ehle, John, 1925-
- AAPB Contributor Holdings
University of Maryland
Identifier: 54-1-2 (National Association of Educational Broadcasters)
Format: 1/4 inch audio tape
If you have a copy of this asset and would like us to add it to our catalog, please contact us.
- Chicago: “American adventure; Free man,” 1953-10-12, University of Maryland, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC, accessed April 12, 2021, http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-500-wd3q1109.
- MLA: “American adventure; Free man.” 1953-10-12. University of Maryland, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Web. April 12, 2021. <http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-500-wd3q1109>.
- APA: American adventure; Free man. Boston, MA: University of Maryland, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Retrieved from http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-500-wd3q1109