The music of Don Gillis III; 7
You're listening to music by Don give us. From the campus of Southern Methodist University Division of Music School of the Arts here in Dallas Texas the national educational radio network presents music of Don give us 30 minutes of music and words put together for the sheer purpose of bringing you 30 minutes of music and words. The music part will include ranch house party from my portrait of a frontier town plus tango lullaby from the clinical Towsley and music plus words together. And for the major portion of our broadcast as we bring you a newly created work titled Arturo Toscanini a portrait of a century of work given its world premiere performance for the students of the Reston Music Center in Reston Virginia. This past summer under the baton of Dr. James
Christian fold our program begins now with ranch house party a sort of symphonic country-Western that should in the parlance of the radio talk is trade. Set your toes to tap and either does that or not I'd like for you to know that if you ever hear it when they want to take ballet dances labels to do it's just the same music and a fancier title ranch house party.
Ranch house party from floor to the front was played in this instance by the new symphony orchestra of London. The composer conducting the composer being the voice you are now about to hear say that our next work is titled tango lullaby and the composer is again conducting at this time and he's in Rome conducting the orchestra the Kama tango lullaby.
Tangle from Twinkletoes music by Don ghost continues now as we present a taped performance done in Reston Virginia. That's Dr. James Christian full of conducting the students of the Reston Music Center Orchestra gave the performance of a work I completed just this past summer titled Arturo Toscanini a portrait of a century. This work written in commemoration of the 100 anniversary of the birth of my answer Tuscany and Parma Italy March 20 1867 was performed during a concert dedicated to this anniversary. And I narrated the script and we as Dr. James Christian full of conducts the students of the Reston music center in the premiere performance of Arturo Toscanini a portrait of a century.
In. Music there. Is a word.
Dynamic. It is no wonder then that we read a lot of. Reading it. Is that he's having. It is not doing as good.
In many ways the things that never. Happened. An assistant. Master and.
It was an orphan. He was a man. And if the season is going to demonstrate it is. When the door was beneath him a. Century of its own.
One. Of those one of them with things in their. Conduct of the 90s and one.
Other. Than everything.
Never since. Then.
And. The New York once again.
Never buy another.
Never. In his memory.
Members of. Seventy. Seven.
Dedication. With this performance of an elegy to great task and a quarter of a century played for us by the students of the Reston Music Center under the baton of Dr. James question with the composer as narrator. We have come to the end of another broadcast of music. Give us your most cordially invited to be with us again next week when we show it over to Conan and the Alamo. And two weeks from now we'll have another session. Music from Saga of the pioneer. And we'll hear my ballet shindig. I hope you're listening for only the fact
- The music of Don Gillis III
- Episode Number
- Producing Organization
- Southern Methodist University
- Contributing Organization
- University of Maryland (College Park, Maryland)
- AAPB ID
- Episode Description
- This program features composer Don Gillis highlighting some of his favorite pieces from his oeuvre.
- Series Description
- This series spotlights the works of American composer Don Gillis and is hosted by the man himself.
- Media type
Composer: Gillis, Don, 1912-1978
Host: Gillis, Don, 1912-1978
Producer: Gillis, Don, 1912-1978
Producing Organization: Southern Methodist University
- AAPB Contributor Holdings
University of Maryland
Identifier: 67-39-7 (National Association of Educational Broadcasters)
Format: 1/4 inch audio tape
If you have a copy of this asset and would like us to add it to our catalog, please contact us.
- Chicago: “The music of Don Gillis III; 7,” 1967-10-17, University of Maryland, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC, accessed February 2, 2023, http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-500-vt1gpb6h.
- MLA: “The music of Don Gillis III; 7.” 1967-10-17. University of Maryland, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Web. February 2, 2023. <http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-500-vt1gpb6h>.
- APA: The music of Don Gillis III; 7. Boston, MA: University of Maryland, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Retrieved from http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-500-vt1gpb6h