Doctor tell me; Remission
Doctor tell me what is the remission. Because answering questions about your health is an important part of your doctor's services. The Minnesota State Medical Association presents doctor tell me here to ask the doctor your questions. Is Janice Hughes dead. Today your health questions will be answered by Dr. Robert W. RIF a family physician from White Bear Lake Dr. rife is a remission a cure. No. This poses one of the problems to a physician treating a patient with a long standing illness. The so-called chronic illness and one that probably will remain chronic. In spite of what we do for it. I'm thinking for instance of one of the typical diseases that we hear so much about arthritis. This doesn't mean that there is nothing we can do about arthritis for of course there are many
things many good treatments. There are many more coming to the fore now with the interest displayed by not only physicians but by such groups as the Arthritis Foundation and other foundations like this but with these chronic illnesses. There are so often the tendency for a patient to keep trying new and. Poorly based cures so-called cures that. He or she hears about from friends or from relatives who may have experienced similar symptoms. Then if the patient goes through a remission at the time of course he has found a new cure or a cure for his disease. When a physician is presented with this it is sometimes very difficult to convince these people that they have not indeed found a known cure but that they are going through or their condition is going through
a spontaneous remission or a cessation of symptoms which will be temporary. And will sometime. Cease and they will again have their set of symptoms that they had before. What other diseases or sicknesses besides. I thought right. That may be affected this way. Well there are many of the chronic diseases that you hear about so often. Sometimes cancer can do this sort of thing particularly the slowly growing or indolent type of cancer that the patients or people may have for long periods of time. Also there are some of the other illnesses sometimes diabetes can do this type of thing. But many of our. Patients who are suffering from senility. You can go through a period when they apparently will brighten up. And
become more alert. I suppose we would estimate that at this time the circulation to the brain into the brain cells. Has improved and but we know that the overall process will be one of just general deterioration. And so it sometimes becomes very difficult to try to convince people about these remissions and that they should really be a little less over enthusiastic about what the cure is they're trying at the time was what about a spinal adjustment in curing remitting a case of constipation. Well of course the constipation can be due to all kinds of causes and this is where we really have to investigate. And the situation. If the. There is no known cause except poor bone habits. I'm sure that a spinal adjustment is going to do anything for this. Thank you very much Dr rife.
- Doctor tell me
- Producing Organization
- University of Minnesota
- KUOM (Radio station : Minneapolis, Minn.)
- Contributing Organization
- University of Maryland (College Park, Maryland)
- AAPB ID
- Episode Description
- Program number 326 answers questions about remission.
- Other Description
- Weekly interviews with a Minneapolis-St. Paul area doctor about a current medical issue.
- Broadcast Date
- Media type
Interviewee: Reiff, Robert W.
Interviewer: Husted, Janice
Producing Organization: University of Minnesota
Producing Organization: KUOM (Radio station : Minneapolis, Minn.)
- AAPB Contributor Holdings
University of Maryland
Identifier: 61-35e-326 (National Association of Educational Broadcasters)
Format: 1/4 inch audio tape
If you have a copy of this asset and would like us to add it to our catalog, please contact us.
- Chicago: “Doctor tell me; Remission,” 1968-12-16, University of Maryland, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC, accessed August 11, 2022, http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-500-vm42wq4k.
- MLA: “Doctor tell me; Remission.” 1968-12-16. University of Maryland, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Web. August 11, 2022. <http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-500-vm42wq4k>.
- APA: Doctor tell me; Remission. Boston, MA: University of Maryland, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Retrieved from http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-500-vm42wq4k