The American people; Surprise, surprise, part one
The American people. Riverside radio WRP are the FM station of the Riverside Church in the city of New York resents the American people. Their attitudes opinions impressions and beliefs project Surprise surprise. A study of the minds and feelings of children as expressed in song and then honest comments on the world around for your own New Jersey mom voice a little
like you say. Soon a third grader 8 9 1/2 years old. When we're bad I always try to put in operated on. So when my mother has a record she doesn't scream 4 year old enough with riddles. But your wife killed it last week. And 11 year old New Yorker. Most of time I'd tell the truth. But one time my brothers generation me because she is married and I said look there's a tradeoff. And so I ran over and lifted overboard. I said but then gingers here's a real tradeoff.
And there there was a turtle an almost five year old knows all about Joe's dreams and now the smell he ate a 50 pound Marceau mouth. And guess what happened when he woke up his pillows Connie was killed. Tonight you will hear the voices of bees and other young Americans aged four to 12 speaking their minds without prompting. Singing the songs of America and of the land and telling in their own way a favorite poem riddle or story. The American people.
Sat. On. A. Hill. To fetch. Felt. For. A kid. In my. Opinion. In my. Opinion.
Go away now not really being obscene. Or coming down with us through nearly a loop our own day days e z Nowell Raese Daisy our own. Go away nod makes a brewery not trees or cedar. Oops. Coming down or bare ground seems to turn around our room. See and everything's hazy Daisy.
We don't think we done. Do you want. To.
I'm very sorry. Right I. Mean yeah. ME ME ME ME.
Me. ME ME ME ME. I think I think I'm right. I am very sorry. For you honey. Please chess nights. And the nights when he sees me.
Me. Me What. Me me. What you don't get me me. That you. Like
that. Thing where.
You. Are. You are.
You know everything you wish can come true. But if you just want to make believe. Well I like to myself but a hawk's body for a few days aha. It's a big bird. I don't know. Right. I'm here that people are learning here that I don't think she was like me and I thought I'd be here for a while. You hear him.
But I'm. Glad. That you see. Every week on the special day care so so I want to see. Tussaud's. Rock. Star. At. Least three. Where you start said hey you know I I eat at 7:00 and I get you know I can't eat real fast. And the run it starts at 8:00 is. Is you know one murders you know well it's not real bad. Only one murder happened. It's set. And then next comes Twilight Zone. It's a real scary
soap but it doesn't make me a bad drawings. Then that song 10 there's another one after that. It's. Over it hits. And now we get a little bit scarier you know. Sometimes Santa movies really get scarier. Nothing else I ever got scared off. In that. Class. So I can think of right now. Why.
Was I. When I was being. Silly.
Day. To love someone means a liking. I'm feeling emotional feeling like somebody express their thoughts. I can't express it with words but yeah everybody feels they love someone.
Then we made me made me. ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME. You're listening to the American people. Project three surprise surprise a study of the minds and feelings of children as expressed in song verse and unrehearsed comments on the world around them. This series is produced by Riverside radio w Abi are in New York City and your comments are invited. Address WRVA our New York twenty seven. And now to a surprise surprise.
- The American people
- Surprise, surprise, part one
- Producing Organization
- WRVR (Radio station: New York, N.Y.)
- Contributing Organization
- University of Maryland (College Park, Maryland)
- AAPB ID
- Episode Description
- This program, the first of two parts, presents a study of the minds and feelings of American children.
- Series Description
- This series examines contemporary American issues through interviews and personal essays.
- Broadcast Date
- Asset type
- Social Issues
- Media type
: Meyer, Eva
Producing Organization: WRVR (Radio station: New York, N.Y.)
Reporter: Gerson, Thomas I.
- AAPB Contributor Holdings
University of Maryland
Identifier: cpb-aacip-54962fb011b (Filename)
Format: 1/4 inch audio tape
If you have a copy of this asset and would like us to add it to our catalog, please contact us.
- Chicago: “The American people; Surprise, surprise, part one,” 1965-01-04, University of Maryland, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC, accessed August 20, 2022, http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-500-v40jz88r.
- MLA: “The American people; Surprise, surprise, part one.” 1965-01-04. University of Maryland, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Web. August 20, 2022. <http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-500-v40jz88r>.
- APA: The American people; Surprise, surprise, part one. Boston, MA: University of Maryland, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Retrieved from http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-500-v40jz88r