Doctor tell me; Emergency room care
Doctor tell me what does emergency room care include. Because answering questions about your health is an important part of your doctor's services. The Minnesota State Medical Association presents doctor tell me here to ask the doctor your questions. Is Janice Hughes dead. Today your health questions will be answered by Dr. S Mack signer Jr. surgeon and chairman of the Committee on automotive injuries for the Minnesota State Medical Association Dr. Max signer. Why is the hospital emergency room a busy place. Well Janice there are just lots and lots of people. And in the course of their lives they come into all kinds of misadventures that require emergency health care. Bee stings small cuts and major accidents heart attacks children with fever all kinds of things. And these are the people that populate the examining rooms of
emergency rooms all around the country. Do hospitals have emergency rooms. No they don't. And many do. And almost all of them have something they call an emergency room. However a complete emergency facility to be provided by a hospital is more than a room. It requires. Let me describe a good one. It would have a good access well-marked it would have a covered entrance. It would have space inside where numerous people can be accommodated at a time. It has and they say that this is the heart of the thing. Personnel are always available well trained to handle whatever may come in. It has physicians available and present and specialty physicians available on short notice call to provide for any kind of emergency that may arise.
If the emergency is serious enough. Is the patient transferred to another department. The patient should be treated in an ideal manner and. And I had another department in the hospital. Yes all serious injuries by and large are admitted to the hospital and I may go to surgery or they may go to medicine or pediatrics or any place in they to coin a phrase. Full Service emergency department the hospital should really be able to care for any kind of emergency at its own institution. Is the emergency room ever miss you. Yes indeed there are a large number of people who use an emergency room for an outpatient clinic who come with non urgent conditions that could really be much better be treated through their private physician and in his office.
- Doctor tell me
- Emergency room care
- Producing Organization
- University of Minnesota
- KUOM (Radio station : Minneapolis, Minn.)
- Contributing Organization
- University of Maryland (College Park, Maryland)
- AAPB ID
- Program number 334 asks what emergency room care includes.
- Weekly interviews with a Minneapolis-St. Paul area doctor about a current medical issue.
- Media type
Interviewee: Maxeiner, S.R., Jr.
Interviewer: Husted, Janice
Producing Organization: University of Minnesota
Producing Organization: KUOM (Radio station : Minneapolis, Minn.)
- AAPB Contributor Holdings
University of Maryland
Identifier: 61-35e-334 (National Association of Educational Broadcasters)
Format: 1/4 inch audio tape
If you have a copy of this asset and would like us to add it to our catalog, please contact us.
- Chicago: “Doctor tell me; Emergency room care,” 1969-02-11, University of Maryland, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC, accessed June 15, 2021, http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-500-rb6w288k.
- MLA: “Doctor tell me; Emergency room care.” 1969-02-11. University of Maryland, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Web. June 15, 2021. <http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-500-rb6w288k>.
- APA: Doctor tell me; Emergency room care. Boston, MA: University of Maryland, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Retrieved from http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-500-rb6w288k