The old record box; Courtin'
The following program is distributed by the national educational radio network. The old record box. This program consists primarily of selections played from cylinder records on Edison sonograms frequently called talking machine. These records were issued in a period extending from the late 1890s to 1929. Your host is red herring Tim carton is our theme for this brief session from the old record box. The song make and is is from a 19 5 musical listing the led by Jane Schwartz and Billy dear old. Wrigley.
Carton was spawn so we learn from these singing standbys on the Edison label which was generally stamped on the tail end of the cylinder all over some of the earlier recordings bar no visible identification. This is the first half of blue Amber old four minute record called peaches and cream sung by ADA Jones and Len Spencer. Oh. Hey I feel your pain you
need feel good night. Now we know that rule you me will get me. Yet I have to be right and you will be pretty thick and we'll all be last I read the lie that when I remember right now how do you know I had a brain yet that I noted that when I got a feeling you will get full.
Now go and lie to me being me me. Me me me. Me me and things we don't mean by that point. You mean maybe I think you went in line and with
that we won and I think I find that when you fill it. You are right I will bet that ranks on people right away. Maybe they want it and I don't have that better informed than I was the only one you marry me. And yeah I mean they were making money and I think you know I think and thank you you feel me yet I said and I thought only time you Frank said little thinking that on the phone with me now that I know
he wanted a family to me. You are now you know everything I say. Thank you. And our next number. Ada Jones is paired with Murray and a humorous treatment of a serious subject. On the old porch. Knowing me
I will say. Now. I won't hold my writing is going fine. Maybe I don't get angry. The old round here I think you mean when you say I mean in
here right. And he was very near me oh me oh oh oh oh. I I I I believe that any old guy that
I am I going to thank me. If you will. I fitting finale number for a program of this kind is won by America's most prolific and much admired writers of popular songs. Irving Berlin You'd be surprised where sun in the
Ziegfeld Follies of 1919 and was a favorite selection. Eddie Cantor here song by Billy Murray. And.
I am. Well maybe that wasn't the way Bonnie Baker. That she read
Harrington closing the old record box brought today. This program was produced in the studios of W. B. This is the national educational radio network.
- The old record box
- Producing Organization
- Flint Board of Education (Flint, Mich.)
- Contributing Organization
- University of Maryland (College Park, Maryland)
- AAPB ID
If you have more information about this item than what is given here, or if you have concerns about this record, we want to know! Contact us, indicating the AAPB ID (cpb-aacip/500-ng4gs182).
- Episode Description
- This program features songs like "Makin' Eyes;" "Peaches and Cream;" "On the Old Front Porch;" and "You'd Be Surprised."
- Series Description
- Cylinder recordings of music and spoken word from late 1890's to 1929; historic recordings of music and speech.
- Media type
Host: Harrington, Fred C.
Producing Organization: Flint Board of Education (Flint, Mich.)
- AAPB Contributor Holdings
University of Maryland
Identifier: 67-36-4 (National Association of Educational Broadcasters)
Format: 1/4 inch audio tape
If you have a copy of this asset and would like us to add it to our catalog, please contact us.
- Chicago: “The old record box; Courtin',” 1967-09-21, University of Maryland, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC, accessed June 5, 2023, http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-500-ng4gs182.
- MLA: “The old record box; Courtin'.” 1967-09-21. University of Maryland, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Web. June 5, 2023. <http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-500-ng4gs182>.
- APA: The old record box; Courtin'. Boston, MA: University of Maryland, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Retrieved from http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-500-ng4gs182