NER concerts; Contemporary Chamber Players play Boulez and more, part two
thanks that was variations thanking 63 by Charles Warren and thank you for him. He's reflective thanks to Blackwood once again taking his own thanks. Thanks. Final workout program will seem to be the second format of your belief. I would like to take this opportunity now to post 10 seconds for station identification. This concert of the
contemporary Chamber Players is going to be recorded for mental health at the University of Chicago. The final work on tonight's concert will be the second sonata of Pierre bully the bully. Seconds or not it was completed in 1988 when the composer was only 23. It's four movements follow a pattern which reminds one immediately of late Beethoven The first has a similarity to sonata form in that it has a clearly defined first and second theme development and recapitulation it is the most severe of the four movements. The second movement is in four sections the first variant similarities to the textures of the burn. This is followed by a sort of choral interspersed with silences. Then follows a part which is sustained in very slow and which achieves a thunderous climax. The final section is Jagat in faster first and finally returns to material similar to that at the beginning. The
third movement is a scared so in a rather jack ular vein with more with a more menacing trio. The last movement is an extended fantasy which can be divided into two parts of roughly equal length. The first part is characterized by abrupt changes of mood in Temple. This is followed by a slow and meditative passage which terminates with a brief but violent recitative the last half begins quietly but with suppressed excitement and gradually builds to a spectacular climax becoming rougher and more chop in the process. The work epilogue. Of course will be performed. With Lee Buckley. Left with no reference to. Just one moment then the second sonata of pure.
I am. I am. I am. I am. I am.
I am. I am.
Oh oh. Oh. Oh. Oh. Oh. Oh.
- NER concerts
- Producing Organization
- University of Chicago
- Contributing Organization
- University of Maryland (College Park, Maryland)
- AAPB ID
- Episode Description
- This program, the second of three parts, presents a performance by the Contemporary Chamber Players. It was recorded at the University of Chicago, where the group is based. The group performs works by Pierre Boulez and others.
- Series Description
- National Educational Radio presents a series of recorded concerts.
- Media type
Performer: Blackwood, Easley
Performing Group: University of Chicago. Contemporary Chamber Players
Producing Organization: University of Chicago
- AAPB Contributor Holdings
University of Maryland
Identifier: 67-43-5 (National Association of Educational Broadcasters)
Format: 1/4 inch audio tape
If you have a copy of this asset and would like us to add it to our catalog, please contact us.
- Chicago: “NER concerts; Contemporary Chamber Players play Boulez and more, part two,” 1967-10-02, University of Maryland, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC, accessed December 8, 2023, http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-500-m32nb05k.
- MLA: “NER concerts; Contemporary Chamber Players play Boulez and more, part two.” 1967-10-02. University of Maryland, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Web. December 8, 2023. <http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-500-m32nb05k>.
- APA: NER concerts; Contemporary Chamber Players play Boulez and more, part two. Boston, MA: University of Maryland, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Retrieved from http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-500-m32nb05k