Music from Rochester; Episode 57 of 65
This is music from Manchester a series of concerts recorded at the Eastman School of Music of the University of Rochester. These programs are made available to national educational radio by Xerox Corporation and station WB f b. Rochester New York to tell us about this concert here is our host Richard Fried. This is Richard Fried of the University of Rochester's Eastman School of Music introducing another Eastman School concert in our continuing series of broadcasts of performances by students at the Eastman School brought to you through the cooperation of the Rochester musicians Association. Local 66 of the American Federation of Musicians. Tonight we have a program of chamber music for a diversity of instrumental combinations. The second of the two string Sextet of Brahms music for brass quintet by R. S. Yochi and Samuel Adler and the woodwind quintet of Walter Piston. To begin we hear six players coached by John telling Tano professor of chamber music in the Brahms stakes that in G major opus
36 Diane Sawyer furred and George Bill go before the violinist. And Philip Klein the violist and Glyn garlic and Richard nailed the cellist. The work is in four movements Allegro non troppo scared so Joe and the final book while they go Johann is Brahms a string sextet in G major opus 36. A.
- Music from Rochester
- Episode Number
- Episode 57 of 65
- Producing Organization
- Eastman Kodak Company
- Xerox Corporation
- Contributing Organization
- University of Maryland (College Park, Maryland)
- AAPB ID
- Other Description
- A series of concerts from the University of Rochester's Eastman School of Music, featuring students and faculty as performers and composers. Recordings of concerts from 1968-69. No other information available.
- Media type
Producing Organization: WBBF
Producing Organization: Eastman Kodak Company
Producing Organization: Xerox Corporation
- AAPB Contributor Holdings
University of Maryland
Identifier: 68-27-57 (National Association of Educational Broadcasters)
Format: 1/4 inch audio tape
If you have a copy of this asset and would like us to add it to our catalog, please contact us.
- Chicago: “Music from Rochester; Episode 57 of 65,” 1969-01-01, University of Maryland, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC, accessed May 21, 2022, http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-500-f18sgd73.
- MLA: “Music from Rochester; Episode 57 of 65.” 1969-01-01. University of Maryland, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Web. May 21, 2022. <http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-500-f18sgd73>.
- APA: Music from Rochester; Episode 57 of 65. Boston, MA: University of Maryland, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Retrieved from http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-500-f18sgd73