Negro music in America; Kansas City jazz
Her. Why. Oh. Why. Oh.
One. On. One. Yeah.
thank thank you have just heard George Ross. The. Music. Of magic you. Were. Missed. By the. Music on the way from the University of Chicago certainly prefer members of. The contemporary Chamber Players of the University of Chicago were conducted by Roth thank you. Thank
you thank you for months. George you are. Using. The magic theater. Thank you and this program of works commission in honor of the seventy fifth anniversary of the University of Chicago and performed by the contemporary Chamber Players Ralph Sepi music director. Soloists on tonight's program were Esther Glazer violin and Neve a pilgrim Soprano. Tonight's program was the last in the current series of broadcast concerts by the contemporary Chamber Players. These programs were produced for radio broadcast by the University of Chicago. Members of the production staff were Lawrence S. Johnson and Robert Eggleston. And your announcer
has been groom. This is the national educational radio network.
- Negro music in America
- Kansas City jazz
- Producing Organization
- WSIU 8 (Television station : Carbondale, Ill.)
- Contributing Organization
- University of Maryland (College Park, Maryland)
- AAPB ID
- Episode Description
- This program focuses on the Kansas City style of jazz.
- Series Description
- This series focuses on music created and performed by African-Americans, including folk, and jazz styles. This series is hosted by Anton Luckenbach of Carbondale, Illinois, who also gathered interviews in New Orleans for this series.
- Media type
Host: Luckenbach, Anton
Producing Organization: WSIU 8 (Television station : Carbondale, Ill.)
- AAPB Contributor Holdings
University of Maryland
Identifier: 67-12-4 (National Association of Educational Broadcasters)
Format: 1/4 inch audio tape
If you have a copy of this asset and would like us to add it to our catalog, please contact us.
- Chicago: “Negro music in America; Kansas City jazz,” 1967-02-27, University of Maryland, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC, accessed December 8, 2023, http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-500-d21rkk6k.
- MLA: “Negro music in America; Kansas City jazz.” 1967-02-27. University of Maryland, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Web. December 8, 2023. <http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-500-d21rkk6k>.
- APA: Negro music in America; Kansas City jazz. Boston, MA: University of Maryland, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Retrieved from http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-500-d21rkk6k