Doctor tell me; Is fatigue common during pregnancy?
Doctor tell me is fatigue common during pregnancy. Because answering questions about your health is an important part of your doctor's services. The Minnesota State Medical Association presents doctor tell me here to ask the doctor your questions. Is Janice Hughes dead. Today your health questions will be answered by Dr. Rodney F. sturdily. A St. Paul obstetrician and gynaecologist doctor steadily. Why does the pregnant woman become fatigued. I don't believe that the question can be answered. With one statement to say that it is one of the most common symptoms of pregnancy is true. I think that as part of the mechanism of the body to protect her. If she has this sense of fatigue she's going to take a little more rest and the pregnant girl at least during the early phases does require additional rest. This doesn't mean that she has to be sleeping in bed
or lying down all the time but she does require some additional nap in the afternoon for example but if there should be some kind of regimentation or additional rest how serious is it. If the pregnant woman needs to take time out for several naps during the day. Well I suppose one would be forced to consider medical indications of medical problems that might be complicating the pregnancy. But ordinarily when the obstetrical patient comes to us we do a complete physical examination on them ordinarily we will pick up the the major problems. Is it a good idea that the woman take it really easy from the beginning of a pregnancy. No I don't think that she should baby herself a tall. Actually I urge them to go on with their life as they are accustomed to living it if they like to ride a bicycle every day if I go out and ride a bicycle. I don't even object to their riding
horseback. I think they should not change their mode of life. They should try to continue carrying on their life just as they did before they got pregnant. What about staying out late in the evening or quitting work. Well she will modest that she's happy to get in bed earlier in the evening. And this of course again I think is the body and naturally taking care of her. Most girls are better off if they continue their work. Particularly somebody having her first pregnancy pregnancy at the girls having her first pregnancy. She shouldn't stop her job. The time goes faster she gets over this initial fatigue that occurs in the first six to 12 weeks of pregnancy much more rapidly than if she just sits around the house and feel sorry for herself. How long how far up to the time of delivery Do you think that she should like. I don't think it makes two very much difference. I suppose to a certain extent it depends
upon the type of work she is doing. But after all a mother who has three or four children is a hardworking individual and she gets pregnant and a girl who has no children at home and has a job working as a clerk Kristallnacht for I'm sure this is of no harm to her in fact. Again I say I think it's good for her to maintain her job. Most employers particularly if the girls must meet the public are anxious to have them stop around the seventh month. In the hospitals where of course I do my work. We're so delighted to have a warm body to take care of our patients so that we don't care if they come from duty to the delivery room. Thank you very much Dr. Stanley. The Minnesota State Medical Association has presented Dr. tell me recorded in the studios of KUNM at the University of Minnesota. Janice who is dead has asked the doctor your questions if you have any additional questions. Write to Dr. tell me. Minnesota State Medical Association Three seventy
- Doctor tell me
- Producing Organization
- University of Minnesota
- KUOM (Radio station : Minneapolis, Minn.)
- Contributing Organization
- University of Maryland (College Park, Maryland)
- AAPB ID
- Program number 331 asks if fatigue is common during pregnancy.
- Weekly interviews with a Minneapolis-St. Paul area doctor about a current medical issue.
- Media type
Interviewee: Sterley, Rodney F.
Interviewer: Husted, Janice
Producing Organization: University of Minnesota
Producing Organization: KUOM (Radio station : Minneapolis, Minn.)
- AAPB Contributor Holdings
University of Maryland
Identifier: 61-35e-331 (National Association of Educational Broadcasters)
Format: 1/4 inch audio tape
If you have a copy of this asset and would like us to add it to our catalog, please contact us.
- Chicago: “Doctor tell me; Is fatigue common during pregnancy?,” 1969-07-01, University of Maryland, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC, accessed June 20, 2021, http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-500-cv4bsz0n.
- MLA: “Doctor tell me; Is fatigue common during pregnancy?.” 1969-07-01. University of Maryland, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Web. June 20, 2021. <http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-500-cv4bsz0n>.
- APA: Doctor tell me; Is fatigue common during pregnancy?. Boston, MA: University of Maryland, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Retrieved from http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-500-cv4bsz0n