The LaSalle String Quartet II; Mozart, G.M. Koenig, and Dvorak, part 1
From Cincinnati we present the third of six programs by the la sol string quartet to. The series was produced by WG UC at the University of Cincinnati radio station and the programs were made possible by contributions from the friends of WGA U.S. quartet is now in its 13th year of residence at the University of Cincinnati College Conservatory of Music. The quartet members are Walter Levine and Henry Meyer violins Peter comets are Viola and Jack Kirsteen cello later in the program. We are to hear the quartet number one by Gottfried Kearney and divorce Shock's quartet in F Major the American. The String Quartet in D minor written in Vienna in June seventeen hundred eighty three is the second of the Group of Six which Mozart dedicated to his dear friend Haydn and which was published two years later. This
quartet show the new technique which the older master deliberately explored in his Russian quartets of 1781 the principal of the magic development of every thought the equal distribution of the motivic material between all instruments obbligato accompaniment a basic feature of the classic style was Haydn's achievement. Mozart was profoundly influenced but he did not imitate Haydn independently. He used these technical devices more than that chromaticism and almost chromatic harmonic by Jason's point further to the future. We begin this program with a performance of the quartet in D minor 4 2 1. The music of Mozart as played by the last soule string quartet a.
- Producing Organization
- University of Cincinnati
- WGUC (Radio station : Cincinnati, Ohio)
- Contributing Organization
- University of Maryland (College Park, Maryland)
- AAPB ID
- Episode Description
- This program, the first of two parts, features performances of Mozart: Quartet in D minor; G.M. Koenig: Quartet #1; Dvorak: "American" Quartet.
- Series Description
- This series presents performances by the La Salle Quartet of Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Media type
Performing Group: La Salle Quartet
Producing Organization: University of Cincinnati
Producing Organization: WGUC (Radio station : Cincinnati, Ohio)
- AAPB Contributor Holdings
University of Maryland
Identifier: 67-20-3 (National Association of Educational Broadcasters)
Format: 1/4 inch audio tape
If you have a copy of this asset and would like us to add it to our catalog, please contact us.
- Chicago: “The LaSalle String Quartet II; Mozart, G.M. Koenig, and Dvorak, part 1,” 1967-03-23, University of Maryland, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC, accessed November 28, 2022, http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-500-3x83p37z.
- MLA: “The LaSalle String Quartet II; Mozart, G.M. Koenig, and Dvorak, part 1.” 1967-03-23. University of Maryland, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Web. November 28, 2022. <http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-500-3x83p37z>.
- APA: The LaSalle String Quartet II; Mozart, G.M. Koenig, and Dvorak, part 1. Boston, MA: University of Maryland, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Retrieved from http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-500-3x83p37z