NER concerts; University of Illinois concert, part three
A. University. Comfort just performed for nation by itself. This was preceded by the song 67 by Charles Ives next where to hear LART written by Aaron Copeland. So the West is baritone James job or.
Eh I never. The University of Illinois cancer center must gain mischief. Next we'll hear for Indian X why Robert White. God.
A concert prior I'm going to receive Illinois has just performed for an Indian lyric. By Robert Reich's. The songs were titled song of a passionate lover the wind listening and ship. It are based on. So what. As many of you know the concert choir has been invited to sing at the iRobot contact which is a federation of youth choirs to be held. In Europe this summer. One of the things that they asked us to prepare and that Europeans always love to hear. Negro spirituals with your permission. If you'd like to hear if we are facing one spiritual at this time.
I saw one is Chris Yoda. Oh.
Good morning. The growth spirits were arranged by Chester terrace a feminist writer script. And that brings to an end part of our centennial concert from the University of Illinois Assembly Hall Park to 100 years of American choral music presented by the University of Illinois Concert Choir. The third part of this afternoon's performance will be presented by the combined choral ensembles of the university oratory on society and women's glee club. The march of the men's glee club the university chorus and begin to verse of the Symphony Orchestra under the direction of Harold Decker. The composition is the return of Odysseus by Burl Phelps Mr. Phelps was born in Omaha Nebraska in 1970 and he studied at the
Denver College of Music and at the Eastman School of Music where his teachers were Howard Hanson and Bernard Rodgers. Incidentally he has a great nephew of Thomas Jonathan Berle acting regent at the University of Illinois from 1891 to 1894. Mr. Phillips has functioned in a great variety of musical capacities. He has served on the faculties of the Eastman School of Music University of Illinois Colorado College and Bennington College to name a few. He has received scholarships and awards from the Juilliard School of Music and from the Eastman Fulbright and Guggenheim Foundation's compositions by Mr. Phillips have been commissioned by many distinguished sources including the league of composers the Koussevitzky foundation Elizabeth Sprague Coolidge foundation Sigma Alpha and the University of Illinois and the frum foundation. The last
two organizations commission the return of Odysseus the 1957 festival of Contemporary Arts held by annually at the University of Illinois campus. The return of the day was written by the composer intended to celebrate a great reunion with his wife. The characters and.
- NER concerts
- Producing Organization
- University of Illinois
- WILL Illinois Public Media
- Contributing Organization
- University of Maryland (College Park, Maryland)
- AAPB ID
- Episode Description
- This program, the third of four parts, presents the University of Illinois Symphony Orchestra, Concert Choir, and combined choral ensembles in performance honoring the centennial of the University of Illinois. The concert was recorded at Assembly Hall.
- Other Description
- National Educational Radio presents a series of recorded concerts.
- Media type
Conductor: Goodman, Bernard, 1914-1999
Conductor: Becker, Harold
Performing Group: University of Illinois Symphony Orchestra
Performing Group: University of Illinois Concert Choir
Producing Organization: University of Illinois
Producing Organization: WILL Illinois Public Media
- AAPB Contributor Holdings
University of Maryland
Identifier: 67-43-1 (National Association of Educational Broadcasters)
Format: 1/4 inch audio tape
If you have a copy of this asset and would like us to add it to our catalog, please contact us.
- Chicago: “NER concerts; University of Illinois concert, part three,” 1967-09-05, University of Maryland, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC, accessed August 12, 2022, http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-500-3n20h75v.
- MLA: “NER concerts; University of Illinois concert, part three.” 1967-09-05. University of Maryland, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Web. August 12, 2022. <http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-500-3n20h75v>.
- APA: NER concerts; University of Illinois concert, part three. Boston, MA: University of Maryland, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Retrieved from http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-500-3n20h75v