Music from Rochester; Episode 60 of 65
Thank. You. The thing the it. The good thing.
0 0 0. 0 0 0.
Yeah. I am. Thank. You.
B. The for him. Are the one. With the earth's the earth.
The symphony for a band by Robert Washburn played by the Eastman symphony band under Donald Hum's Berger. That concludes the Eastman symphony band a portion of tonight's Eastman School concert. After station identification We'll hear two works performed by the Eastman School Symphony Orchestra conducted by Willis page. Willis Page who was on the conducting faculty of the Eastman School of Music for two years following his eight years as music director of the National Symphony Orchestra has left the xmen school to become music director and conductor of the Des Moines Symphony Orchestra. His last concert at Eastman was with the Eastman School symphony orchestra during the 1969 festival of American music and we'll hear it now.
First Mr. Page conducts the orchestra in the first of the two essays for orchestra by Samuel Barber. The essay number one bears the Opus number 12 and as one of Barbara's earlier works. It is also one of his most admired. Here it is played by the Eastman School Symphony Orchestra under Willis page.
Her thing. The air. Playing. The air.
One. Way or. It was one. Game.
- Music from Rochester
- Episode Number
- Episode 60 of 65
- Producing Organization
- Eastman Kodak Company
- Xerox Corporation
- Contributing Organization
- University of Maryland (College Park, Maryland)
- AAPB ID
- Other Description
- For series info, see Item 3481. No information available this program.
- Media type
Producing Organization: WBBF
Producing Organization: Eastman Kodak Company
Producing Organization: Xerox Corporation
- AAPB Contributor Holdings
University of Maryland
Identifier: 68-27-60 (National Association of Educational Broadcasters)
Format: 1/4 inch audio tape
If you have a copy of this asset and would like us to add it to our catalog, please contact us.
- Chicago: “Music from Rochester; Episode 60 of 65,” 1969-01-01, University of Maryland, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC, accessed May 21, 2022, http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-500-2z12s64j.
- MLA: “Music from Rochester; Episode 60 of 65.” 1969-01-01. University of Maryland, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Web. May 21, 2022. <http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-500-2z12s64j>.
- APA: Music from Rochester; Episode 60 of 65. Boston, MA: University of Maryland, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Retrieved from http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-500-2z12s64j