Friday Night Jazz with Reuben Jackson; 2016-06-03, Hour 1
- 2016-06-03, Hour 1
- Producing Organization
- Vermont Public Radio
- Contributing Organization
- Vermont Public Radio (Colchester, Vermont)
- AAPB ID
- Episode Description
- This episode features these performances: "Long, Long Ago" is performed by Helen Merrill; "Sarah's Blues" is performed by Sarah Vaughan; "You're Mine You" is performed by Sonny Rollins; "Time To Get Down" is performed by George Coleman; "Blues Walk" is performed by Dexter Gordon; "I Was Doing All Right" is performed by Jane Monheit; "If I Fell" is performed by Daria; "Got to get you into my life" is performed by Earth Wind and Fire; "Dear Lord" is performed by John Coltrane; "I'm Thru With Love" is performed by Chet Baker; "Miles Ahead" is performed by Miles Davis; "Back Seat Betty" is performed by Miles Davis; "Life On Mars" is performed by Dave Flippo; "Hallucinations" is performed by Kenny Barron; "Ballad of Jed Clampett" is performed by Bela Fleck & The Flecktones; "park mechanics" is performed by Myra Melford; "Awful Sad" is performed by Jenny Scheinman; "Last Summer" is performed by Jimmy Greene; "Airegin" is performed by Jay Hoggard; "Electric Relaxation (Relax Yourslf Girl)(Instr.)" is performed by A Tribe Called Quest; "Mister Magic" is performed by Jason Miles; "Amazing Grace" is performed by Grace Kelly; "Rock With You" is performed by SF Jazz Ensemble; "Love TKO" is performed by Marc Ribot The Young Philadelphians; "Alive" is performed by marcus Strickland; "Home Is Where The Hatred Is" is performed by Charenee Wade; "Spring Is Here" is performed by Mike Gibbs; "Dexter's Tune" is performed by Randy Newman; "Leonard" is performed by Randy Newman.
- Series Description
- Music reviewer and educator Reuben Jackson hosts Friday Night Jazz, a weekly show that highlights the "broad swath" of the jazz genre.
- Asset type
- Copyright Vermont Public Radio. With the exception of third party-owned material that is contained within this program, this content is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/).
- Media type
Host: Reuben Jackson
Producing Organization: Vermont Public Radio
- AAPB Contributor Holdings
Vermont Public Radio - WVPR
Identifier: FNJ-2016-06-03-1 (Vermont Public Radio - WVPR)
If you have a copy of this asset and would like us to add it to our catalog, please contact us.
- Chicago: “Friday Night Jazz with Reuben Jackson; 2016-06-03, Hour 1,” 2016-06-03, Vermont Public Radio, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC, accessed February 4, 2023, http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-527-pk06w97j9x.
- MLA: “Friday Night Jazz with Reuben Jackson; 2016-06-03, Hour 1.” 2016-06-03. Vermont Public Radio, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Web. February 4, 2023. <http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-527-pk06w97j9x>.
- APA: Friday Night Jazz with Reuben Jackson; 2016-06-03, Hour 1. Boston, MA: Vermont Public Radio, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Retrieved from http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-527-pk06w97j9x