Friday Night Jazz with Reuben Jackson; 2012-10-26, Hour 2
- 2012-10-26, Hour 2
- Producing Organization
- Vermont Public Radio
- Contributing Organization
- Vermont Public Radio (Colchester, Vermont)
- AAPB ID
- Episode Description
- This episode features these performances: If is performed by Trio Beyond; Once Upon A Time (A Children's Tale) is performed by Marion Brown; A Flower Is a Lovesome Thing is performed by Mal Waldron and Marion Brown; Hey Joe is performed by Brian Bromberg; Power of Soul is performed by Marcus Miller; Brown Belle Blues is performed by the Ninety Miles Project (Stefon Harris, David Sanchez, and Christian Scott); Armando's Rhumba is performed by Chick Corea; The Times They Are A-Changin' is performed by Joshua Redman; Rubylou's Lullaby is performed by Brian Blade & The Fellowship Band; Door #3 is performed by John Scofield; Julia is performed by Bill Frisell; Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown) is performed by Herbie Hancock; Lock And Load is performed by Billy Bang; Birds in Flight is performed by Lenore Raphael; Midnight's Measure / In the Wee Small Hours of the Morning is performed by Jane Ira Bloom; Freud's Convertible is performed by Jane Ira Bloom; Adam's Rib is performed by Joseph Jarman; Mighty Mighty is performed by the Charlie Hunter Quartet, featuring Theryl de Clouet; China Town is performed by Tony Williams; Pensativa is performed by Hubert Laws; If There Is Someone Lovelier Than You is performed by Meredith DAmbrosio; Everything I Love is performed by Paul Desmond; Stella by Starlight is performed by Eddie Gomez; Nocturnal is performed by Charlie Haden; Upper Manhattan Medical Group is performed by the Duke Ellington Legacy; I Wish I Knew is performed by Boz Scaggs.
- Series Description
- Music reviewer and educator Reuben Jackson hosts Friday Night Jazz, a weekly show that highlights the "broad swath" of the jazz genre.
- Asset type
- Copyright Vermont Public Radio. With the exception of third party-owned material that is contained within this program, this content is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/).
- Media type
Host: Reuben Jackson
Producing Organization: Vermont Public Radio
- AAPB Contributor Holdings
Vermont Public Radio - WVPR
Identifier: FNJ-2012-10-26-2 (Vermont Public Radio - WVPR)
If you have a copy of this asset and would like us to add it to our catalog, please contact us.
- Chicago: “Friday Night Jazz with Reuben Jackson; 2012-10-26, Hour 2,” 2012-10-26, Vermont Public Radio, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC, accessed February 3, 2023, http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-527-jw86h4dz2n.
- MLA: “Friday Night Jazz with Reuben Jackson; 2012-10-26, Hour 2.” 2012-10-26. Vermont Public Radio, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Web. February 3, 2023. <http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-527-jw86h4dz2n>.
- APA: Friday Night Jazz with Reuben Jackson; 2012-10-26, Hour 2. Boston, MA: Vermont Public Radio, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Retrieved from http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-527-jw86h4dz2n