KUNM News Wounded Knee, Report #2
Allen Cooper filed the following report on wounded knee with KU&M news. He said the nation will survive until there was a massacre. He mentioned there was a great food shortage in wounded knee. The government is walking to disarray.
There is no intention of giving him this food is very good. People came here to live. People have been walking through the lives. He mentioned how most of the people in wounded knee were up on charges. The charges have been brought against the people here including Creason. The people don't attempt to go to prison.
Allen told how airlifts are just about the only way to get food and supplies into wounded knee. The people here that need insulin and the judge won't let them come true. He then described the area of wounded knee and some of the buildings. He mentioned that this is a war.
They want to renegotiate the treaties that were ratified by Congress. The government, the federal government and the federal government, they can have a war ahead. This has been Daniel Saz for KUNM News.
- Raw Footage
- KUNM News Wounded Knee, Report #2
- Producing Organization
- Contributing Organization
- KUNM (Albuquerque, New Mexico)
- AAPB ID
- Raw Footage Description
- Wounded Knee Report #2 includes Allen Cooper's account of what was happening at Wounded Knee. He describes the gun battles, supply shortages, and the resistance's will to fight until death.
- Created Date
- Asset type
- Raw Footage
- News Report
- Media type
Producing Organization: KUNM
Reporter: Cooper, Allen
- AAPB Contributor Holdings
KUNM (aka KNME-FM)
Identifier: cpb-aacip-5d477b89d85 (Filename)
Format: 1/4 inch audio tape
If you have a copy of this asset and would like us to add it to our catalog, please contact us.
- Chicago: “KUNM News Wounded Knee, Report #2,” 1973-03-24, KUNM, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC, accessed December 4, 2023, http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-207-18dfn4mt.
- MLA: “KUNM News Wounded Knee, Report #2.” 1973-03-24. KUNM, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Web. December 4, 2023. <http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-207-18dfn4mt>.
- APA: KUNM News Wounded Knee, Report #2. Boston, MA: KUNM, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Retrieved from http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-207-18dfn4mt