9/11 Prayer Services
Through all the Gothic spires of St. Stanislaus Church have dominated the skies of Cleveland's Slavic Village for over a century. Last night the bell tower called the faithful to a special prayer service for the dead and wounded. People were seeking solace after a day's worth of unbelievable images on television. Some were quietly thoughtful. Others like Joe were just angry. America ought to wake up to the the lets take our destiny in our hands and start watching these terrorists we know who they are. And we let them get away with this. Under a vaulted ceiling dense with religious imagery there was a reading from Matthew and father William goalless book on the topic of where evil really lies. Over in University Circle. Rabbi Jonathan fry rush reflected on the emotions he had
seen and felt during the day as he counseled students at Case Western Reserve University. And there is lots of anger coming out. I mean originally it was shock like disbelief like here we are watching something on TV and it can't be real I feel it looks like a movie. For Rabbi Frei rish that movie had a very personal subplot. I mean I'm and I'm a New Yorker and was struggling all day to be in touch with my parents. And New York and my sister my stepfather was actually in the downtown area and to have to walk back through clouds of smoke. And so I think by expressing my own difficulty as I may help students be able to express their views at that. The issue of and on the west side a dozen men got on their knees at the Grand Mosque of the Islamic Center of Cleveland as they were led through the evening prayer service by a mom a father was Dhamma. We will be praying for those who were victim and that from any recording of and I want to go
one month as a tool bring perpetrators who are behind this act of terrorism to justice and to have them bear the consequences of terrorism. A mom drama is pointed in his remarks about Clevelanders of Arabic descent. A Palestinian himself the a mom is concerned about the stereotyping that springs up in times of terror the Palestinians Americans like all Americans feel that we are part of this country and we being raised here we are walking here. We love this country because it has given us so many things and therefore we. I'm sure the Palestinian community like other communities would like to see an end for this type of terrorism and the old concern about how this third ism can take place right here. This in the Middle East. No it's the Midwest of America filled with people of many religious faiths who went to their houses of worship last night trying to make
- 9/11 Prayer Services
- Producing Organization
- Contributing Organization
- ideastream (Cleveland, Ohio)
- AAPB ID
- Episode Description
- 9/11 Prayer Services. Complete list of programming on physical asset: 1. Kent State Free Speech, 2001-05-04, 2. Crisis Hotlines, 2001-05-18, 3. d.a. levy, 2001-05-19, 4. West Nile Virus, 5. Know it Now, 6. Mad Cow Disease, 7. Internet Radio, 8. DiMaggio Streak, 9. Beep Baseball, 10. Midwest Railway, 11. Prayer Services, 2001-09-12, 12. Wounds of Terror, 2001-09-19.
- Created Date
- Media type
Producing Organization: WCPN
- AAPB Contributor Holdings
Identifier: ideastream_WCPN_9/11PrayerServices_2001-09-12 (ideastream)
If you have a copy of this asset and would like us to add it to our catalog, please contact us.
- Chicago: “9/11 Prayer Services,” 2001-09-12, ideastream, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC, accessed November 27, 2022, http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-78-73pvn20b.
- MLA: “9/11 Prayer Services.” 2001-09-12. ideastream, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Web. November 27, 2022. <http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-78-73pvn20b>.
- APA: 9/11 Prayer Services. Boston, MA: ideastream, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Retrieved from http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-78-73pvn20b