NC Voices; The Civil War Story Modules; Bing and Mitch Cox-Artifacts
i'm being cox an homage cox and our civil war stories date back to when we were both visit our grandfather's farm on sundays and then they return and when he was forming he dug up many artifacts from the savoy and i remember being fascinated by the many balls and stuff that was a humbling just kept out on the back porch there he was also wasn't he won the people that help counselor why nobody serling gave a lot of that stuff over to the then go about around the museum is established so i think that's where a lot of that sentiment when there was still some there there so that's from our father's other family seeing those artifacts and then our mothers to storytelling other side a family we heard watson tells her and from her mother's well i not only hear stories about things but she would also tell stories of her mother growing up and quite often there are ghost tells there was one going by a graveyard and supposedly wasn't a
- NC Voices
- The Civil War Story Modules
- Contributing Organization
- WUNC (Chapel Hill, North Carolina)
- AAPB ID
- Series Description
- This NC Voices series examined how the Civil War affects people in North Carolina 150 years after the start of the war.
- Clip Description
- Bing and Mitch Cox discuss summers on their paternal grandfather's farm where they found artifacts buried from the Civil War and stories their mother told them about the war.
- Broadcast Date
- Asset type
- Copyright North Carolina Public Radio. Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/).
- Media type
Guest: Cox, Bing
Guest: Cox, Mitch
- AAPB Contributor Holdings
North Carolina Public Radio - WUNC
Identifier: NCV9901-2 (WUNC)
Format: Audio CD
If you have a copy of this asset and would like us to add it to our catalog, please contact us.
- Chicago: “NC Voices; The Civil War Story Modules; Bing and Mitch Cox-Artifacts,” 2011-06-00, WUNC, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC, accessed November 26, 2022, http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-515-9w08w38x4x.
- MLA: “NC Voices; The Civil War Story Modules; Bing and Mitch Cox-Artifacts.” 2011-06-00. WUNC, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Web. November 26, 2022. <http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-515-9w08w38x4x>.
- APA: NC Voices; The Civil War Story Modules; Bing and Mitch Cox-Artifacts. Boston, MA: WUNC, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Retrieved from http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-515-9w08w38x4x