Books and Ideas; 12; Conservatism in America by Clinton Rossiter
- Books and Ideas
- Episode Number
- Producing Organization
- Syracuse University
- Contributing Organization
- Library of Congress (Washington, District of Columbia)
- AAPB ID
- NOLA Code
- This book includes a good history of conservative thought from the classic conservatism of Burke down to the present time. But it is also a call to action and, as such, is directed at the American businessman, who Rossiter says is not a real conservative, and at the American liberal who he wishes to convert. An active and thoughtful conservative himself, Rossiter attempts to show that many people are mistaken in applying the term to themselves. (Description adapted from documents in the NET Microfiche)
- This series on important books in western civilization features three professors from Syracuse University men who love books and enjoy exploring the ideas behind mans creative processes who meet for informal ad lib discussion of books, contemporary and ancient, which have influenced American culture through the ideas expounded in their pages. Participants include Stuart Gerry Brown, professor of citizenship and American culture in the Maxwell graduate school at Syracuse; Edwin H. Cady, professor of American literature and author of The Gentleman in America, and Albert J. George, professor and chairman of the department of Romance Languages. Discussion moderator is Arthur Weld, Jr., television program director at the Syracuse Radio and Television Center. The 20 half-hour episodes that comprise this series were originally recorded in black and white on kinescope. (Description adapted from documents in the NET Microfiche)
- Asset type
- Talk Show
- Published Work: This work was offered for sale and/or rent in 1960.
- Media type
- Moving Image
Moderator: Weld, Arthur, Jr.
Panelist: George, Albert J.
Panelist: Cady, Edwin H.
Panelist: Brown, Stuart Gerry
Producing Organization: Syracuse University
- AAPB Contributor Holdings
Library of Congress
Identifier: 2310446-1 (MAVIS Item ID)
Format: 16mm film
Generation: Copy: Access
Indiana University Libraries Moving Image Archive
Identifier: [request film based on title] (Indiana University)
Format: 16mm film
If you have a copy of this asset and would like us to add it to our catalog, please contact us.
- Chicago: “Books and Ideas; 12; Conservatism in America by Clinton Rossiter,” 1956-00-00, Library of Congress, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC, accessed September 21, 2021, http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-512-j96057ds7h.
- MLA: “Books and Ideas; 12; Conservatism in America by Clinton Rossiter.” 1956-00-00. Library of Congress, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Web. September 21, 2021. <http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-512-j96057ds7h>.
- APA: Books and Ideas; 12; Conservatism in America by Clinton Rossiter. Boston, MA: Library of Congress, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Retrieved from http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-512-j96057ds7h