Muni; Radio Moscow; Man in Space
- Radio Moscow
- Man in Space
- Contributing Organization
- WNYC (New York, New York)
- AAPB ID
- This program produced by Radio Moscow recounts the first manned spaceflight by Yuri Gagarin on April 12th, 1961 aboard the Vostok 1. The recording includes audio from his first transmission, reflections and tributes from Nikita Khrushchev and other scientists and a short history of the Soviet space program. A reporter reads an interview with Gagarin describing his experience in completing his mission. This is followed by a translated panel of "two scientists and an engineer [speaking] about such difficulties of manned space flight as the strains at take off, the state of weightlessness in orbital flight, and reentry." The program concludes with a profile of Yuri Gagarin's family and their reactions during his mission.
- one 7in. reel 1tk. 7 1/2 ips.
- Part of a project conducted in the fall of 2016 to catalog over 900 tapes in the Municipal Archives Collection that were never cataloged.
- Gagarin, Yuri Alekseyevich, 1934-1968.; Astronautics --Soviet Union --History.; Soviet Union.; Space flight.
- Media type
Producer: Radio Moskva (Radio station : Moscow)
- AAPB Contributor Holdings
Identifier: 150821.1 (WNYC Media Archive Label)
If you have a copy of this asset and would like us to add it to our catalog, please contact us.
- Chicago: “Muni; Radio Moscow; Man in Space,” WNYC, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC, accessed November 28, 2023, http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-510-ms3jw87f8m.
- MLA: “Muni; Radio Moscow; Man in Space.” WNYC, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Web. November 28, 2023. <http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-510-ms3jw87f8m>.
- APA: Muni; Radio Moscow; Man in Space. Boston, MA: WNYC, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Retrieved from http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-510-ms3jw87f8m