1965 National Association of Educational Broadcasters Convention; Organizational Meeting - Producer Directors
Testing one two three four Testing one two three four with great dividing up a little bit. Testing one two three four. Testing 1 2 3 4 0 0. 0 0. 0.
Well we had thought of breaking up this group into regional areas and letting each one of these regions regional people just talk for a few minutes of nothing else. We finished the main body of our discussion so they could bring out some of their areas. We skirted one problem one little item here. I have been bypassing for a moment in the publications. With all of the areas and all of the comments we brought up as to how publications might serve this division. I think we could ask for nominations for this position. All in favor. Opposed. Yeah yeah.
Yeah yeah yeah. Very serious. Yes we are out there. You mean THIS LITTLE LIAR. Taxes are either gone or through get a guy who looks and plays very very there are be find people within you that line you all are all of those things where you got so heated
with me oh my god. If you're gonna lead into the night I suggest you break it you recently and the regional groups we spread a set of communications to be exact and I would never hear of me with them or going to the moon and hearing this news nor the meeting you were going to do more but might this not be years of them we can as a group you go along with something that we're going to meet then we get what you want to do. Yes. Go to the movies. You know that's an excellent question I wish I could answer it. Or something.
We're talking about all of them. We're talking about the fact that we have to have meetings production communications set up between the educational departments and the station and production. We have that problem. There's the right hand always know what the left hands doing a definite working relationship with the graphics division that set out in joint meetings. All preview sessions with the regional committees not at night as most of them at times can eat very easily and do very easily flow into I've got mine I can I will stick it in your back before you stick it in mine. But a definite production critique of techniques within it. Yes. Yes.
Yes. Because yes because of time I would suggest we do that now. Perhaps the thing to do is to break down into regions that will put one member of the ad hoc steering committee of the Steering Committee we feet with each one at tomorrow's meeting. He can report on what this region felt and how they go it would be nice. Committee could best serve them between now and the next convention.
If that is all then let's let's do a journo and breakdown. Does every one no matter what region they are in first right. All right let's take six sections Let's start with one up here in the corner the northeast. Yes. Like you know so. At the moment at the moment it is a professional interest section open to anyone and and E.B. who is interested in production. Now we know at first we went out to produce a directors production managers. We've been expanded upon. Perhaps the thing to do will be to
establish an active and associate membership. For the active members they must be directly involved in production as a producer director production manager so for the associate members would then become the general managers the engineers the graphics people since they have their own organization to to work with us in this area. Oh. Which is going to be a long involved process involving state legislatures if nothing else. But you can control boards to get titles changed. Back to Region 1 up here Connecticut Delaware. The south east let's take on this corner in the middle let's go three with the midwest on the right side four north central five in the back and the
back left and six on the back right. So. Yes there would be we will put one member of the steering committee with each one of these groups. Then at 3:00 today we come up with anything any ideas that the regional people have then at tomorrow's meeting we can we can have reports on this and be a little bit more coherent I must apologize for the way we've conducted this. I'm not very experienced in hopping up and say let's organize an actual convention. Yeah.
- Contributing Organization
- University of Maryland (College Park, Maryland)
- AAPB ID
- AAPB Contributor Holdings
University of Maryland
Identifier: 4360 (University of Maryland)
Format: 1/4 inch audio tape
If you have a copy of this asset and would like us to add it to our catalog, please contact us.
- Chicago: “1965 National Association of Educational Broadcasters Convention; Organizational Meeting - Producer Directors,” 1965-11-01, University of Maryland, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC, accessed January 28, 2023, http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-500-hm52kv9t.
- MLA: “1965 National Association of Educational Broadcasters Convention; Organizational Meeting - Producer Directors.” 1965-11-01. University of Maryland, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Web. January 28, 2023. <http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-500-hm52kv9t>.
- APA: 1965 National Association of Educational Broadcasters Convention; Organizational Meeting - Producer Directors. Boston, MA: University of Maryland, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Retrieved from http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-500-hm52kv9t