American Experience; The Murder of Emmett Till; Interview with Wheeler Parker, cousin of Emmett Till
he's a visit they get good at howard had a few more questions of those saws and back that that that night along so after it happened when it was you do the next day well estimates of them in sonoma morning are which was the same day at my all came from nearby and into this point and into the hills and seven to spend sunday they're an early monday morning martin a local train station because they know how jones says went to memphis to change
china bad news washington forty years in the course of from a sitcom waiting to hear who's an arcane man was the reason london he was in reality baca testified at the trial did you you must along your years past and he thought well you know i wish i sure i could've done this you know what you think about
our new schools and i talk in children the scientists need to understand how we live in a house with in our individuality could've done an awful lot about one thing our followers that we could've left there's no shortage of oil winter storm or sent us home office was you know as i remembered the south like to understand how this could happen when they came to the door at the postal on and so they just look you know and you wonder what could you have done in all it was a scholar hopeless situation we're going to
what's the one thing that the lessons to be learned about this whole story of art or listen to we were from his holster a listen since that you can learn that america can learn from this port racism can do to a person this is true until things as major and i don't know where we're learning that look at the world in a massive problems are a solo or women will really learn from and the tools of jewish visitors in the cell and
the what one thing that is the case that the future of that i'm a bit are you on it was that they left when they were introduced in two thousand took him the road just glorious our house in the title of that seven houses abandoned by a number of us scientists say i want and no one was the course is empty
who knew so different things because if you do it so we know this will just assume was over for that they have taken a day off of our salem film with a domed building just because our sons and someone said to listen while we were for self protection ms christian right how italy's is all about you know the lessons you know no wires at let's just as an illinois lawmaker
my question particularly because unions alone so you really do they fall into allowing only yesterday his body was nemesis polls from the spoils of ingles and we get down and he would disappear and the press so i was god have blessed the dismay and some definitions or his partner otherwise we will never see has been again so it's a lesson that he was fine and that recount the lesson another way the economist got a movement going in earnest and the two gentlemen were all the way america was and how they felt and how they dealt with their blacks in the south so in the last in american farmers want
to get rid of all this is a big deal right
- American Experience
- The Murder of Emmett Till
- Contributing Organization
- WGBH (Boston, Massachusetts)
- AAPB ID
If you have more information about this item than what is given here, or if you have concerns about this record, we want to know! Contact us, indicating the AAPB ID (cpb-aacip/15-hd7np1xj1k).
- Wheeler Parker (continued) Interview about Emmett Till, an African-American teenager who was lynched in Mississippi at the age of 14 after reportedly flirting with a white woman.
- American history, African Americans, civil rights, racism, lynching, Mississippi
- (c) 2003-2017 WGBH Educational Foundation
- Media type
- Moving Image
Release Agent: WGBH Educational Foundation
- AAPB Contributor Holdings
Identifier: Barcode291030_Parker_02_SALES_ASP_h264 Amex.mp4 (unknown)
If you have a copy of this asset and would like us to add it to our catalog, please contact us.
- Chicago: “American Experience; The Murder of Emmett Till; Interview with Wheeler Parker, cousin of Emmett Till,” WGBH, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC, accessed June 10, 2023, http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-15-hd7np1xj1k.
- MLA: “American Experience; The Murder of Emmett Till; Interview with Wheeler Parker, cousin of Emmett Till.” WGBH, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Web. June 10, 2023. <http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-15-hd7np1xj1k>.
- APA: American Experience; The Murder of Emmett Till; Interview with Wheeler Parker, cousin of Emmett Till. Boston, MA: WGBH, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Retrieved from http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-15-hd7np1xj1k