In the Life; Episode 904; April-May 2000; Season 8
- In the Life
- Episode Number
- Episode 904
- April-May 2000
- Season 8
- Producing Organization
- In The Life Media
- Contributing Organization
- UCLA Film & Television Archive (Los Angeles, California)
- AAPB ID
If you have more information about this item than what is given here, or if you have concerns about this record, we want to know! Contact us, indicating the AAPB ID (cpb-aacip-10a03687bba).
- Episode Description
- The first segment, Rainbow support group is about the support of mentally disabled gays and lesbians. The next segment, Betty DeGeneres, is a commercial for the Human Rights Campaign Foundation featuring the activist. The segment A day in the life is about director Paris Barclay, a rebroadcast of the same segment first seen in episode 802, and the segment Spotlight on filmmakers features avant garde filmmaker Ulrike Ottinger. The segment In the life video files includes bits covering same sex marriage hearings in Vermont, a children's services conference in New York and permanent partners immigration laws in New York. Spotlight on films covers the films Boys don't cry and Monika Treut's Gendernauts. Fighting words is an anti-hate campaign public service announcement by the Gay, Lesbian & Straight Education Network (GLSEN). The segment Spotlight on film features Madonna and Rupert Everett on the motion picture The next best thing, and the Documentary segment is about the film Living with pride: Ruth C. Ellis at 100 by Yvonne Welbon. This episode's Celebrity ID segment features Madonna.
- Series Description
- In the Life began in 1992 as a variety show and later evolved into a news magazine program in 1993.
- Created Date
- Asset type
- Same-sex marriage -- Vermont; People with mental disabilities; Gays -- United States; Ottinger, Ulrike, 1942-; Living with pride; Rainbow Support Group; Gendernauts; Boys don't cry; Lesbians -- United States; Homosexuality -- United States -- History; Next best thing (Motion picture); Barclay, Paris
- Media type
- Moving Image
Commentator: DeGeneres, Betty, 1930-
Host: Linton, Katherine
Interviewee: Welbon, Yvonne, 1962-
Interviewee: Everett, Rupert
Interviewee: Madonna, 1959-
Interviewee: Treut, Monika
Interviewee: Ottinger, Ulrike, 1942-
Interviewee: Barclay, Paris
Producing Organization: In The Life Media
- AAPB Contributor Holdings
UCLA Film & Television Archive
Identifier: cpb-aacip-8b80f70fa15 (Filename)
Format: Zip drive
If you have a copy of this asset and would like us to add it to our catalog, please contact us.
- Chicago: “In the Life; Episode 904; April-May 2000; Season 8,” 2000-04-06, UCLA Film & Television Archive, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC, accessed May 29, 2023, http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-10a03687bba.
- MLA: “In the Life; Episode 904; April-May 2000; Season 8.” 2000-04-06. UCLA Film & Television Archive, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Web. May 29, 2023. <http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-10a03687bba>.
- APA: In the Life; Episode 904; April-May 2000; Season 8. Boston, MA: UCLA Film & Television Archive, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Retrieved from http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-10a03687bba