The Civil War; Interview with Ed Bearss
- The Civil War
- Raw Footage
- Interview with Ed Bearss
- Producing Organization
- Florentine Films/American Documentary, Inc.
- Ken Burns - Florentine Films
- Contributing Organization
- Ken Burns - Florentine Films (Walpole, New Hampshire)
- AAPB ID
If you have more information about this item than what is given here, we want to know! Contact us, indicating the AAPB ID (cpb-aacip/509-pk06w9749m).
- This is raw footage of an interview that Ken Burns conducted with Civil War historian Ed Bearss on July 14, 1986. In this interview, Bearss demonstrates his expansive knowledge on the events of the Civil War. He begins by explaining that most expected the Civil War to end quickly without much violence, but that it quickly escalated. Following this summary of the war?s beginning, he visually describes many of the well-known battles, offering very detailed storytelling of these events. Bearss also suggests that the Civil War was the precursor to developing military strategy and technology for the world wars in the twentieth century. He provides a thorough and fact-based description of the war and its events.
- Asset type
- Raw Footage
- Copyright 1989, Kenneth Lauren Burns All Rights Reserved
- Media type
- Moving Image
Copyright Holder: Florentine Films
Director: Ken Burns
Interviewee: Bearss, Ed
Producing Organization: Florentine Films/American Documentary, Inc.
Producing Organization: Ken Burns - Florentine Films
- AAPB Contributor Holdings
Ken Burns - Florentine Films
Identifier: Ed_Bearss_master (AAPB Inventory ID)
Generation: Preservation Master
If you have a copy of this asset and would like us to add it to our catalog, please contact us.
- Chicago: “The Civil War; Interview with Ed Bearss,” 1986-07-14, Ken Burns - Florentine Films, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC, accessed January 16, 2019, http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_509-pk06w9749m.
- MLA: “The Civil War; Interview with Ed Bearss.” 1986-07-14. Ken Burns - Florentine Films, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Web. January 16, 2019. <http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_509-pk06w9749m>.
- APA: The Civil War; Interview with Ed Bearss. Boston, MA: Ken Burns - Florentine Films, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Retrieved from http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_509-pk06w9749m