Looking Toward Home
Please note: This content is only available at WGBH and the Library of Congress. For information about on location research, click here.
If you have more information about this item than what is given here, we want to know! Contact us, indicating the AAPB ID (cpb-aacip/508-z60bv7bt9b).
- Looking Toward Home
- Contributing Organization
- Vision Maker Media (Lincoln, Nebraska)
- AAPB ID
- VMM Inventory #
- This film shows how government relocation programs in the 1950s enticed significant numbers of Native Americans to leave the reservation for life in major cities such as, Los Angeles, Chicago, New York, and the San Francisco Bay Area. The life and times of urban Indians is shown primarily through the eyes of these individuals and subsequent generations as they maintain their tribal identity far away from the culturally nurturing climate of the reservation.
- Asset type
- Chino, Conroy, Producer
- Morris, Beverly, Producer
- Media type
- Moving Image
- Chicago: “Looking Toward Home,” Vision Maker Media, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC, accessed April 20, 2018, http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_508-z60bv7bt9b.
- MLA: “Looking Toward Home.” Vision Maker Media, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Web. April 20, 2018. <http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_508-z60bv7bt9b>.
- APA: Looking Toward Home. Boston, MA: Vision Maker Media, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Retrieved from http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_508-z60bv7bt9b