My Louisiana Love
Please note: This content is only available at WGBH and the Library of Congress. For information about on location research, click here.
If you have more information about this item than what is given here, we want to know! Contact us, indicating the AAPB ID (cpb-aacip/508-sn00z71v24).
- My Louisiana Love
- Contributing Organization
- Vision Maker Media (Lincoln, Nebraska)
- AAPB ID
- VMM Inventory #
- Also broadcast as an episode of America ReFramed.
- My Louisiana Love follows a young Native American woman, Monique Verdin, as she returns to Southeast Louisiana to reunite with her Houma Indian family. But soon she sees that her people?s traditional way of life- fishing, trapping, and hunting these fragile wetlands? is threatened by a cycle of man-made environmental crises. As Louisiana is devastated by Hurricane Katrina and Rita and then the BP oil leak, Monique finds herself turning to environmental activism. She documents her family?s struggle to stay close to the land despite the cycle of disasters and the rapidly disappearing coastline. The film looks at the complex and uneven relationship between the oil industry and the indigenous community of the Mississippi Delta. In this intimate documentary portrait, Monique must overcome the loss of her house, her father, and her partner ? and redefine the meaning of home. Her story is both unique and frighteningly familiar.
- Asset type
- Hong, Sharon Linezo, Producer
- Mallozzi, Julie, Producer
- Verdin, Monique, Producer
- Media type
- Moving Image
- Chicago: “My Louisiana Love,” Vision Maker Media, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC, accessed September 22, 2017, http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_508-sn00z71v24.
- MLA: “My Louisiana Love.” Vision Maker Media, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Web. September 22, 2017. <http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_508-sn00z71v24>.
- APA: My Louisiana Love. Boston, MA: Vision Maker Media, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Retrieved from http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_508-sn00z71v24