Racing the Rez
Please note: This content is only available at WGBH and the Library of Congress. For information about on location research, click here.
If you have more information about this item than what is given here, we want to know! Contact us, indicating the AAPB ID (cpb-aacip/508-g44hm5390k).
- Racing the Rez
- Contributing Organization
- Vision Maker Media (Lincoln, Nebraska)
- AAPB ID
- VMM Inventory #
- In the rugged canyon lands of Northern Arizona, Navajo and Hopi cross-country runners from two rival high schools put it all on the line for Tribal pride, triumph over adversity and state championship glory. Win or lose, what they learn in the course of their seasons will have a dramatic effect on the rest of their lives. A co-production of Wolf Hill Films and Vision Maker Media, Racing the Rez moves beyond Native American stereotypes of the past and present by delving deep into the daily grind of these Native teenagers. Over the course of two racing seasons, you'll witness the boys striving to find their place among their Native people and the American culture surrounding them.
- Asset type
- Truglio, Brian, Producer
- Media type
- Moving Image
- Chicago: “Racing the Rez,” Vision Maker Media, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC, accessed April 20, 2018, http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_508-g44hm5390k.
- MLA: “Racing the Rez.” Vision Maker Media, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Web. April 20, 2018. <http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_508-g44hm5390k>.
- APA: Racing the Rez. Boston, MA: Vision Maker Media, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Retrieved from http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_508-g44hm5390k