Search the AAPB
If you have more information about this item than what is given here, we want to know! Contact us, indicating the AAPB ID (cpb-aacip/508-7m03x8484m).
- Seasoned with Spirit
- Episode Number
- Food Upon the Water
- Contributing Organization
- Vision Maker Media (Lincoln, Nebraska)
- AAPB ID
- VMM Inventory #
Please note: This content is only available at WGBH and the Library of Congress. For information about on location research, click here.
- Native American Chef Loretta Barrett Oden (Citizen Potawatomi Nation) hosts the Emmy-award-winning PBS cooking, travel and Native American culture, five-part series. Seasoned with Spirit is a 5-part series that offers viewers a culinary celebration of America's bounty combining Native American history and culture with delicious, healthy recipes inspired by indigenous foods. Much more than simply a cooking series, each 30-minute episode of Seasoned with Spirit is a visually stunning, cultural adventure across the American landscape where viewers meet Native American peoples, see their breathtaking environs, learn their history and traditions, and, best of all, taste their cuisine. Loretta Barrett Oden, a renowned Native American chef, food historian and lecturer, and proud woman of the Citizen Potawatomi Nation, hosts the series. With her humor and unstoppable enthusiasm, Loretta travels around the country to immerse herself in the lives and traditions of numerous Native American tribes. She blends her passion
- Asset type
- Cohen, Matt, Producer
- Cohen, Renard, Producer
- Resolution Pictures, Producer
- Media type
- Moving Image
- Chicago: “Seasoned with Spirit; 5; Food Upon the Water,” Vision Maker Media, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC, accessed April 28, 2017, http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_508-7m03x8484m.
- MLA: “Seasoned with Spirit; 5; Food Upon the Water.” Vision Maker Media, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Web. April 28, 2017. <http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_508-7m03x8484m>.
- APA: Seasoned with Spirit; 5; Food Upon the Water. Boston, MA: Vision Maker Media, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Retrieved from http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_508-7m03x8484m