Search the AAPB
If you have more information about this item than what is given here, we want to know! Contact us, indicating the AAPB ID (cpb-aacip/508-125q815826).
- Apache 8
- Contributing Organization
- Vision Maker Media (Lincoln, Nebraska)
- AAPB ID
- VMM Inventory #
Please note: This content is only available at WGBH and the Library of Congress. For information about on location research, click here.
- Apache 8 tells the story of an all-women wildland firefighter crew from the White Mountain Apache Tribe, who have been fighting fires in Arizona and throughout the U.S. for over 30 years. The film delves into the challenging lives of these Native firefighters. Four extraordinary women from different generations of the Apache 8 crew share their personal narratives with humor and tenderness. They speak of hardship and loss, family and community, and pride in being a firefighter from Fort Apache. Apache 8 weaves together a compelling tale of these remarkable firefighters, revealed for the first time.
- Asset type
- Zeig, Sande, Producer
- Hall, Dolly, Producer
- Westover, Victoria, Producer
- Media type
- Moving Image
- Chicago: “Apache 8,” Vision Maker Media, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC, accessed April 29, 2017, http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_508-125q815826.
- MLA: “Apache 8.” Vision Maker Media, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Web. April 29, 2017. <http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_508-125q815826>.
- APA: Apache 8. Boston, MA: Vision Maker Media, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Retrieved from http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_508-125q815826