Navajo Code Talkers
Please note: This content is only available at WGBH and the Library of Congress. For information about on location research, click here.
If you have more information about this item than what is given here, we want to know! Contact us, indicating the AAPB ID (cpb-aacip/508-057cr5nw61).
- Navajo Code Talkers
- Contributing Organization
- Vision Maker Media (Lincoln, Nebraska)
- AAPB ID
- VMM Inventory #
- A documentary film using interviews and archival footage to show the vital role a small group of Navajo Marines played in the Pacific during World War II. Includes 1940s archival footage of Navajo life as well as scenes of World War II. Featured are interviews with Navajo Chairman Peter MacDonald, artist and scholar Carl Gorman, and Taos artist R.C. Gorman. Received a special Presidential commendation by Ronald Reagan. Produced by Tom McCarthy in 1998.
- Asset type
- McCarthy, Tom, Producer
- Media type
- Moving Image
- Chicago: “Navajo Code Talkers,” 1998-02-00, Vision Maker Media, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC, accessed October 21, 2017, http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_508-057cr5nw61.
- MLA: “Navajo Code Talkers.” 1998-02-00. Vision Maker Media, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Web. October 21, 2017. <http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_508-057cr5nw61>.
- APA: Navajo Code Talkers. Boston, MA: Vision Maker Media, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Retrieved from http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_508-057cr5nw61