Newsnight Maryland; 586; Police Training
- Newsnight Maryland
- Episode Number
- Police Training
- Contributing Organization
- Maryland Public Television (Owings Mills, Maryland)
- AAPB ID
If you have more information about this item than what is given here, we want to know! Contact us, indicating the AAPB ID (cpb-aacip/394-67jq2kng).
- This episode's feature story looks at Maryland police training and the appropriate use of physical force following investigations of police brutality in the state. The segment briefly covers a 6-month program for state troopers at Maryland police headquarters before host Jeff Salkin moves into a panel discussion with a police ethics expert, an attorney representing police officers, and a professor of criminal justice at the University of Baltimore. Panelists answer questions from viewers calling in to the program. A "Neighborhood News" segment provides news reports on Walkersville's water system, the Maryland Conference of Western Court Judges, and West Nile virus. A "Mayland Biz" segment reports the auction of Hechingers stores following the company's bankruptcy. The final segment describes how residents of Burkittsville, Maryland, the setting of the first Blair Witch Project film, are coping with the movie's popularity during Halloween.
- NewsNight Maryland is a local news series that covers current events in Maryland.
- Asset type
- Copyright Maryland Public Television 1999
- Media type
- Moving Image
Host: Carr, Camilla
Host: Salkin, Jeff
- AAPB Contributor Holdings
Maryland Public Television
Identifier: NNMD 586 (MPT14766) (Maryland Public Television)
If you have a copy of this asset and would like us to add it to our catalog, please contact us.
- Chicago: “Newsnight Maryland; 586; Police Training,” 1999-10-29, Maryland Public Television, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC, accessed January 16, 2019, http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_394-67jq2kng.
- MLA: “Newsnight Maryland; 586; Police Training.” 1999-10-29. Maryland Public Television, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Web. January 16, 2019. <http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_394-67jq2kng>.
- APA: Newsnight Maryland; 586; Police Training. Boston, MA: Maryland Public Television, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Retrieved from http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_394-67jq2kng