Bob The Vid Tech; Meeting The Challenger
- Bob The Vid Tech
- Meeting The Challenger
- Producing Organization
- Maryland Public Television
- Contributing Organization
- Maryland Public Television (Owings Mills, Maryland)
- AAPB ID
If you have more information about this item than what is given here, we want to know! Contact us, indicating the AAPB ID (cpb-aacip/394-08v9s9w2).
- Bob the Vid Tech meets a group of very special Vid Kids -- children with physical, mental, and emotional disabilities -- and tags along with them as they learn, among other things, how to sail and ride horses. In Westminster, MD, he visits the Carroll County 4-H Therapeutic Riding Program to find out how Bob Shirley and Mary Shunk use horses to help children exercise muscles and improve self-esteem. Even Bob the Vid Tech eventually musters the courage to climb aboard a trusty steed. And at Sandy Point State Park near Annapolis, Bob meets Don Backe of CRAB -- Chesapeake Region Accessible Boating -- as he teaches a group of disabled children -- many of whom are wheelchair- bound -- how to steer a 2,000 pound sailboat. VID KID: MEETING THE CHALLENGE! offers a sensitive, yet upbeat introduction to the world of disability, and allows young viewers to tag along with this very special group of Vid Kids as they teach Bob all about what they like to do to have fun.
- Asset type
- Media type
- Moving Image
Distributor: Maryland Public Television
Producing Organization: Maryland Public Television
- AAPB Contributor Holdings
Maryland Public Television
Identifier: DB3-0025 - 50186 (Maryland Public Television)
Format: Betacam Digital (Digi Beta)
If you have a copy of this asset and would like us to add it to our catalog, please contact us.
- Chicago: “Bob The Vid Tech; Meeting The Challenger,” 2000-06-28, Maryland Public Television, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC, accessed January 22, 2019, http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_394-08v9s9w2.
- MLA: “Bob The Vid Tech; Meeting The Challenger.” 2000-06-28. Maryland Public Television, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Web. January 22, 2019. <http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_394-08v9s9w2>.
- APA: Bob The Vid Tech; Meeting The Challenger. Boston, MA: Maryland Public Television, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Retrieved from http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_394-08v9s9w2