American Archive of Public Broadcasting
Search the AAPB
If you have more information about this item than what is given here, we want to know! Contact us, indicating the AAPB ID (cpb-aacip/28-kw57d2qp45).
- Contributing Organization
- Pacifica Radio Archives (North Hollywood, California)
- AAPB ID
- Pacifica Radio Archives
- Rosa Parks discusses her refusal on December 1, 1955, to give up a seat on a Montgomery, Alabama bus to a white man and the resulting boycott that ensued, which was in progress at the time of this interview. The Montgomery bus boycott is widely considered to be one of the key movement actions of the civil rights movement.
- Race and Ethnicity
- Parks, Rosa, 1913-2005; Roger, Sidney; Protests, demonstrations, vigils, etc. -- Montgomery (Ala.); African Americans--Civil rights--History
- Parks, Rosa, Interviewee
- Roger, Sidney, Interviewer
- Media type