American Archive of Public Broadcasting
Search the AAPB
If you have more information about this item than what is given here, we want to know! Contact us, indicating the AAPB ID (cpb-aacip/28-2z12n4zs1w).
- The Battle is not yet Won
- Contributing Organization
- Pacifica Radio Archives (North Hollywood, California)
- AAPB ID
- Pacifica Radio Archives
- Ronnie Moore, the chairman of the Congress of Racial Equality (CORE) chapter for Baton Rouge, discusses his arrest in December 1961 after participating in a Southern University student demonstration to protest segregation. At the time of this interview, Moore faced a sentence of 10 years in prison on a charge of criminal anarchy and attempting to overthrown the state of Louisiana. Moore discusses the racial situation in Baton Rouge, events leading up to his arrest, the reactions of the students, faculty, and the president of Southern University, an all-black college, his frustrations with liberals, and his belief in the principle of non-violence. COREs 1963 summer voter registration drive led by Moore was profiled in the National Educational Television documentary Louisiana Diary. For information on Ronnie Moore and the civil rights movement in Louisiana, see Adam Fairclough, Race & Democracy: The Civil Rights Struggle in Louisiana, 1915-1972 (Athens, GA: University of Georgia Press, 1995).
- Community organization--United States; African Americans--Civil rights--History
- Thompson, Elsa Knight, Interviewee
- Moore, Ronnie, Interviewee
- Media type
- Chicago: “The Battle is not yet Won,” 1962-03-22, Pacifica Radio Archives, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC, accessed March 24, 2017, http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_28-2z12n4zs1w.
- MLA: “The Battle is not yet Won.” 1962-03-22. Pacifica Radio Archives, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Web. March 24, 2017. <http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_28-2z12n4zs1w>.
- APA: The Battle is not yet Won. Boston, MA: Pacifica Radio Archives, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Retrieved from http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_28-2z12n4zs1w