The Battle is not yet Won
- The Battle is not yet Won
- Producing Organization
- KPFA (Radio station : Berkeley, Calif.)
- Contributing Organization
- Pacifica Radio Archives (North Hollywood, California)
- AAPB ID
If you have more information about this item than what is given here, we want to know! Contact us, indicating the AAPB ID (cpb-aacip/28-2z12n4zs1w).
- Ronnie Moore, the chairman of the Congress of Racial Equality (CORE) chapter for Baton Rouge, discusses his arrest in December 1961 after participating in a Southern University student demonstration to protest segregation. At the time of this interview, Moore faced a sentence of 10 years in prison on a charge of criminal anarchy and attempting to overthrown the state of Louisiana. Moore discusses the racial situation in Baton Rouge, events leading up to his arrest, the reactions of the students, faculty, and the president of Southern University, an all-black college, his frustrations with liberals, and his belief in the principle of non-violence. CORE?s 1963 summer voter registration drive led by Moore was profiled in the National Educational Television documentary Louisiana Diary. For information on Ronnie Moore and the civil rights movement in Louisiana, see Adam Fairclough, Race & Democracy: The Civil Rights Struggle in Louisiana, 1915-1972 (Athens, GA: University of Georgia Press, 1995).
- Community organization--United States; African Americans--Civil rights--History
- Media type
Interviewee: Thompson, Elsa Knight
Interviewee: Moore, Ronnie
Producing Organization: KPFA (Radio station : Berkeley, Calif.)
- AAPB Contributor Holdings
Pacifica Radio Archives
Identifier: 2040_D01 (Pacifica Radio Archives)
Format: 1/4 inch audio tape
Pacifica Radio Archives
Identifier: PRA_AAPP_BB0249_The_battle_is_not_yet_won (Filename)
Generation: Master: preservation
If you have a copy of this asset and would like us to add it to our catalog, please contact us.
- Chicago: “The Battle is not yet Won,” 1962-03-22, Pacifica Radio Archives, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC, accessed November 19, 2018, http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_28-2z12n4zs1w.
- MLA: “The Battle is not yet Won.” 1962-03-22. Pacifica Radio Archives, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Web. November 19, 2018. <http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_28-2z12n4zs1w>.
- APA: The Battle is not yet Won. Boston, MA: Pacifica Radio Archives, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Retrieved from http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_28-2z12n4zs1w