Front Street Weekly; 308
- Front Street Weekly
- Episode Number
- Producing Organization
- Oregon Public Broadcasting
- Contributing Organization
- Oregon Public Broadcasting (Portland, Oregon)
- AAPB ID
If you have more information about this item than what is given here, we want to know! Contact us, indicating the AAPB ID (cpb-aacip/153-48ffbpfc).
- This episode contains the following segments. The first segment, "Chiloquin," looks at permits for concealed weapons as an example of Oregon gun laws. The second story, "Dislocated Workers," looks at a group of Oregon citizens who were left out of the state's recent economic recovery. The third segment, "Ratings Race," looks at how the need for high ratings affects the content of nightly news programming. The fourth segment, "Claire Argow," is a profile piece on outspoken prisoner rights advocate Claire Argow. The fifth segment, "Children's Art," is a profile on the Multnomah Art Center, focusing on its private art classes for toddlers and young children.The sixth segment, "Sports Fans," is an investigative piece by Steve Amen on Saturday night wrestling and the Portland Trailblazers basketball team.
- Front Street Weekly is a news magazine featuring segments on current events and topics of interest to the local community.
- Asset type
- Local Communities
- Fine Arts
- Film and Television
- Politics and Government
- Law Enforcement and Crime
- An Oregon Public Broadcasting Presentation c. 1983, all rights reserved.
- Media type
- Moving Image
Associate Producer: Johns, Linda
Executive Producer: Graham, Lyle
Guest: Argow, Claire
Host: Gamble, Gwyneth
Host: Swenson, Jim
Producer: Graham, Lyle
Producing Organization: Oregon Public Broadcasting
- AAPB Contributor Holdings
Oregon Public Broadcasting (OPB)
Identifier: 115395.0 (Unique ID)
Format: 3/4 inch videotape: U-matic
If you have a copy of this asset and would like us to add it to our catalog, please contact us.
- Chicago: “Front Street Weekly; 308,” 1983-11-12, Oregon Public Broadcasting, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC, accessed December 15, 2018, http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_153-48ffbpfc.
- MLA: “Front Street Weekly; 308.” 1983-11-12. Oregon Public Broadcasting, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Web. December 15, 2018. <http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_153-48ffbpfc>.
- APA: Front Street Weekly; 308. Boston, MA: Oregon Public Broadcasting, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Retrieved from http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_153-48ffbpfc