Prospects of Mankind with Eleanor Roosevelt; 104; Europe Faces East and West
- Episode Number
- Europe Faces East and West
- Producing Organization
- WGBH Educational Foundation
- Contributing Organization
- WGBH (Boston, Massachusetts)
- AAPB ID
- NOLA Code
If you have more information about this item than what is given here, we want to know! Contact us, indicating the AAPB ID (cpb-aacip/15-qv3bz61h9c).
- Eleanor Roosevelt hosts a discussion with panelists Senator John F. Kennedy, member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee; Erwin D. Canham, Editor of the Christian Science Monitor and President of the United States Chamber of Commerce; Paul Rosenstein-Rodan, Professor of Economics at the Center for International Studies, Massachusetts Institute of Technology on European alliances Panelists discuss how strong the NATO military capability should be in light of talks for disarmament at the upcoming summit talks in Paris. Panelists support policies that include funding and research for the best and safest ways to disarm. Review of the Berlin agreements of 1948 and future needs of the then divided Germany. The success of the European economy is considered in terms of economics and trade with the rest of the world. Hopes for upcoming 12 nation East West Summit meeting of The European Common Market of Belgium, France, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, and West Germany, and the rival free trade areas of The United Kingdom including Austria, Denmark, Norway, Portugal, Sweden, and Switzerland are shared by the panelists.
- Prospects of Mankind is a talk show hosted by Eleanor Roosevelt featuring roundtable discussion of foreign and domestic affairs with leading political, academic, and journalistic experts. It was filmed on location at Brandies University.
- Asset type
- Talk Show
- Media type
- Moving Image
Associate Producer: Michaelis, Diana Tead
Consultant: Fuchs, Lawrence H.
Director: Davis, David M. (David McFarland), 1926-2007
Executive Producer: Morgenthau, Henry, 1917-
Guest: Kennedy, John F.
Guest: Canham, Erwin D.
Guest: Rosenstein-Rodan, Paul
Host: Roosevelt, Eleanor
Producer: Noble, Paul
Producing Organization: WGBH Educational Foundation
Production Assistant: Kassel, Virginia
Production Coordinator: Gilbert, Emanuel
Writer: Michaelis, Diana Tead
- AAPB Contributor Holdings
Identifier: 7c77bc63530498e1d46f17e83df0dd988a358719 (ArtesiaDAM UOI_ID)
If you have a copy of this asset and would like us to add it to our catalog, please contact us.
- Chicago: “Prospects of Mankind with Eleanor Roosevelt; 104; Europe Faces East and West,” 1960-01-02, WGBH, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC, accessed February 16, 2019, http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_15-qv3bz61h9c.
- MLA: “Prospects of Mankind with Eleanor Roosevelt; 104; Europe Faces East and West.” 1960-01-02. WGBH, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Web. February 16, 2019. <http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_15-qv3bz61h9c>.
- APA: Prospects of Mankind with Eleanor Roosevelt; 104; Europe Faces East and West. Boston, MA: WGBH, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Retrieved from http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_15-qv3bz61h9c