American Archive of Public Broadcasting
Search the AAPB
If you have more information about this item than what is given here, we want to know! Contact us, indicating the AAPB ID (cpb-aacip/15-qv3bz61h9c).
- Episode Number
- Europe Faces East and West
- Contributing Organization
- WGBH (Boston, Massachusetts)
- AAPB ID
Please note: This content is only available at WGBH and the Library of Congress. For information about on location research, click here.
- Eleanor Roosevelt hosts a discussion with panelists Senator John F. Kennedy, member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee; Erwin D. Canham, Editor of the Christian Science Monitor and President of the United States Chamber of Commerce; Paul Rosenstein-Rodan, Professor of Economics at the Center for International Studies, Massachusetts Institute of Technology on European alliances Panelists discuss how strong the NATO military capability should be in light of talks for disarmament at the upcoming summit talks in Paris. Panelists support policies that include funding and research for the best and safest ways to disarm. Review of the Berlin agreements of 1948 and future needs of the then divided Germany. The success of the European economy is considered in terms of economics and trade with the rest of the world. Hopes for upcoming 12 nation East West Summit meeting of The European Common Market of Belgium, France, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, and West Germany, and the rival free trade areas of The United Kingdom including Austria, Denmark, Norway, Portugal, Sweden, and Switzerland are shared by the panelists.
- Prospects of Mankind is a talk show hosted by Eleanor Roosevelt featuring roundtable discussion of foreign and domestic affairs with leading political, academic, and journalistic experts. It was filmed on location at Brandies University.
- Talk Show
- Media type
- Moving Image
- Chicago: “Prospects of Mankind with Eleanor Roosevelt; 104; Europe Faces East and West,” WGBH, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC, accessed March 24, 2017, http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_15-qv3bz61h9c.
- MLA: “Prospects of Mankind with Eleanor Roosevelt; 104; Europe Faces East and West.” WGBH, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Web. March 24, 2017. <http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_15-qv3bz61h9c>.
- APA: Prospects of Mankind with Eleanor Roosevelt; 104; Europe Faces East and West. Boston, MA: WGBH, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Retrieved from http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_15-qv3bz61h9c