American Archive of Public Broadcasting
Search the AAPB
If you have more information about this item than what is given here, we want to know! Contact us, indicating the AAPB ID (cpb-aacip/15-b853f4kv16).
- Raw Footage
- Interview with Nguyen Cao Ky, 1981
- Contributing Organization
- WGBH (Boston, Massachusetts)
- AAPB ID
- Nguyen Cao Ky served as Prime Minister of South Vietnam from 1965 until 1967 and then Vice President unti 1971. Nguyen Cao Ky recalls wanting to move the war north as a way to stop the Communists from infilitrating South Vietnam. As much as Nguyen Cao Ky wanted to see a unified Vietnam, he knew that was not possible and that the higher priority was to stop the spread of communism. Nguyen Cao Ky also talks about the Buddhist unrest in 1964 and his arrangement for the departure of Nguyen Khnah.
- Asset type
- Raw Footage
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975--Personal narratives, Vietnamese; Propaganda, Communist; Vietnam--Politics and government; Nationalism and communism; Vietnam War, 1961-1975--Public opinion; Vietnamese reunification question (1954-1976); Buddhism and politics; Military assistance, American; Vietnam War, 1961-1975--Influence; War--Economic aspects; prostitution; Political psychology; Presidents--Election; Vietnam War, 1961-1975--Protest movements--United States; Capitulations, Military; Armed Forces--Officers; Ex-prime ministers
- Nguyen, Cao Ky, Interviewee2
- WGBH Educational Foundation, Publisher
- Rights Note:1) No materials may be re-used without references to appearance releases and WGBH/UMass Boston contract. 2) It is the liability of a production to investigate and re-clear all rights before re-use in any project.,Rights:,Rights Credit:WGBH Educational Foundation,Rights Type:,Rights Coverage:,Rights Holder:WGBH Educational Foundation
- Media type
- Moving Image
- Chicago: “Vietnam: A Television History; Interview with Nguyen Cao Ky, 1981,” 1981-05-07, WGBH, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC, accessed February 27, 2017, http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_15-b853f4kv16.
- MLA: “Vietnam: A Television History; Interview with Nguyen Cao Ky, 1981.” 1981-05-07. WGBH, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Web. February 27, 2017. <http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_15-b853f4kv16>.
- APA: Vietnam: A Television History; Interview with Nguyen Cao Ky, 1981. Boston, MA: WGBH, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Retrieved from http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_15-b853f4kv16