Dateline St. Augustine; Part 1
- Dateline St. Augustine
- Part 1
- Producing Organization
- WGBH Educational Foundation
- Contributing Organization
- WGBH (Boston, Massachusetts)
- AAPB ID
If you have more information about this item than what is given here, we want to know! Contact us, indicating the AAPB ID (cpb-aacip/15-289gj6vg).
- This is the first in a series of news broadcasts covering the struggle for civil rights in St. Augustine, Florida during March and April 1964. Reporters interview New England clergy, including Rev. William England and Mary Peabody, the mother of the governor of Massachusetts, at Logan Airport in Boston on March 21, 1964, as they prepare to travel to St. Augustine at the request of Dr. Robert Hayling, a local dentist and advisor to the local youth council of the NAACP. Reporters from St. Augustine report on plans for demonstrations. For information on the St. Augustine movement, see David J. Garrow, ed., St. Augustine, Florida, 1963-1964: Mass Protest and Racial Violence (Brooklyn: Carlson Publishing, 1989).
- African Americans--Civil rights--History
- Media type
Interviewee: England, Rev. William
Interviewee: Peabody, Mary
Producer: Mascott, Ted
Producing Organization: WGBH Educational Foundation
Production Unit: Radio
Reporter: Conley, T.F.
Reporter: Darren, Leslie
Reporter: Shaw, N. Arnold
- AAPB Contributor Holdings
Identifier: 64-0033-03-25-001 (WGBH Item ID)
Format: 1/4 inch audio tape
Generation: Dub: audio
If you have a copy of this asset and would like us to add it to our catalog, please contact us.
- Chicago: “Dateline St. Augustine; Part 1,” 1964-03-23, WGBH, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC, accessed April 18, 2019, http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_15-289gj6vg.
- MLA: “Dateline St. Augustine; Part 1.” 1964-03-23. WGBH, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Web. April 18, 2019. <http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_15-289gj6vg>.
- APA: Dateline St. Augustine; Part 1. Boston, MA: WGBH, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Retrieved from http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_15-289gj6vg