North Carolina Now; North Carolina Now Episode from 01/27/1998
- North Carolina Now
- Contributing Organization
- UNC-TV (Research Triangle Park, North Carolina)
- AAPB ID
If you have more information about this item than what is given here, we want to know! Contact us, indicating the AAPB ID (cpb-aacip/129-73bzkt6f).
- The first segment looks at the idea of universal design that is taking place at the Center for Universal Design at North Carolina State School of Design This school of thought means design aspects that are accessible and usable for all people that disrupts traditional design standards and styles in homes, city planning, and even objects. Anchor Mitchell Lewis gives a summary of statewide headlines including the first execution since 1995 of Ricky Lee Sanderson, state lawmakers attempt to come up with a legal definition of domestic violence that would able to criminal as well as civil law, a number of high profile political candidates that have not filed for campaign re-election, a lose control, lose your license initiative where students can lose their license for breaking laws, the North Carolina Zoo received a donation that will be used to purchase fences to keep beavers out of exhibits, a weather report of a foot of snow in the North Carolina mountains, and RescueWare software created to combat the Y2K conversion date issue. At (11:37) Donovan Rypkema is interviewed about historic preservation and his study about profiting from the past. Rypkema emphasizes the economic benefits of historic preservation including tax breaks, job creation, and tourist destinations that play a role in the states economy. Then a segment explores Replacements Limited, a warehouse that sells collectible tableware and home decor. The anchor closes with a reminder that President Clintons state of the union address is scheduled to air that night.
- North Carolina Now is a news magazine featuring segments about North Carolina current events and communities.
- Asset type
- Copyright 1998
- Media type
- Moving Image
: Vickery, Shannon
- AAPB Contributor Holdings
Identifier: NC0748/3 (unknown)
Format: Betacam SP
Generation: Master: broadcast
If you have a copy of this asset and would like us to add it to our catalog, please contact us.
- Chicago: “North Carolina Now; North Carolina Now Episode from 01/27/1998,” 1998-01-27, UNC-TV, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC, accessed March 21, 2019, http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_129-73bzkt6f.
- MLA: “North Carolina Now; North Carolina Now Episode from 01/27/1998.” 1998-01-27. UNC-TV, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Web. March 21, 2019. <http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_129-73bzkt6f>.
- APA: North Carolina Now; North Carolina Now Episode from 01/27/1998. Boston, MA: UNC-TV, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Retrieved from http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_129-73bzkt6f