In the Life; Episode 1306; The Latest Trend; Season 12
- In the Life
- Episode Number
- Episode 1306
- The Latest Trend
- Season 12
- Producing Organization
- In The Life Media
- Contributing Organization
- UCLA Film & Television Archive (Los Angeles, California)
- AAPB ID
If you have more information about this item than what is given here, or if you have concerns about this record, we want to know! Contact us, indicating the AAPB ID (cpb-aacip-3ed99d07b35).
- Episode Description
- The episode begins with Out and about: New York, spotlighting New York City as a destination for gay travelers. The Bear to be beautiful segment offers a historical look and current perspective on the gay subculture of bears. In full color: Black Gay and Lesbian Archives explores an addition to the Schomburg Center that archives black gay and lesbian history. The Campaign 2004: Kucinich segment profiles Democratic presidential candidate Dennis Kucinich. The Real to reel segment is about Let's get real, a film about bullying in the classroom. The Politics of high school segment focuses on suburban Chicago's Stevenson High School and its fight for a gay student association in addition to the already established adult supervised diversity club. In No place to go, Newark LGBT activists and parents still seek a center for their city's gay youth nearly a year after the tragic hate-driven murder of Newark lesbian teen Sakia Gunn. The Out takes segment with Harvey Fierstein is titled Holiday madness. PSAs include Lesley Gore on Greg Louganis, and Pamela Sneed discussing bullying. Alex Sanchez provides the Celebrity ID, and You can't stop the beat as performed by the cast of Hairspray plays over the end credits.
- Series Description
- In the Life began in 1992 as a variety show and later evolved into a news magazine program in 1993.
- Created Date
- Asset type
- Louganis, Greg, 1960-; High school students -- United States -- Societies and clubs; Kucinich, Dennis J., 1946-; Homosexuality -- United States -- History; Gunn, Sakia, 1987-2003; Bears (Gay culture); Bullying; Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture; Gay youth; Tourism -- New York (State) -- New York
- Media type
- Moving Image
Commentator: Fierstein, Harvey, 1954-
Commentator: Gore, Lesley, 1946-
Commentator: Sneed, Pamela
Director: Swift, Andrea
Host: Jones, Cherry, 1956-
Interviewee: Kucinich, Dennis J., 1946-
Presenter: Sanchez, Alex, 1957-
Producer: Symons, Johnny
Producer: Catania, John
Producer: Essif, Mason
Producer: Hunt, Dan
Producer: Lawday, Amy
Producing Organization: In The Life Media
- AAPB Contributor Holdings
UCLA Film & Television Archive
Identifier: cpb-aacip-fed44975caf (Filename)
Format: Zip drive
If you have a copy of this asset and would like us to add it to our catalog, please contact us.
- Chicago: “In the Life; Episode 1306; The Latest Trend; Season 12,” 2004-03, UCLA Film & Television Archive, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC, accessed April 2, 2023, http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-3ed99d07b35.
- MLA: “In the Life; Episode 1306; The Latest Trend; Season 12.” 2004-03. UCLA Film & Television Archive, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Web. April 2, 2023. <http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-3ed99d07b35>.
- APA: In the Life; Episode 1306; The Latest Trend; Season 12. Boston, MA: UCLA Film & Television Archive, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Retrieved from http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-3ed99d07b35