1973 Watergate Hearings; 1973-07-12; Part 1 of 5
it's b an investigation of daniel ellsberg <unk> enshrouded all these activities with a respectable cloak of national security while confessing that confessing some of them a little out of hand not his former attorney general and chief political confident contemptuously describes the most cars and rejected the suggestion that they involve national security after mr mitchell's apparent so helpful mr nixon otherwise the latest definitive white house position leaning heavily on the national security argument will be harder to maintain whether there tomorrow night for my colleagues peter kane jim lehrer says robert macneil the night for impact from washington you've been watching gavel to gavel videotape coverage of hearing about the senate select committee on presidential campaign activities as coverage is made possible by grants for special event coverage from the corporation for public broadcasting and the ford foundation
- 1973 Watergate Hearings
- Part 1 of 5
- Producing Organization
- Contributing Organization
- Library of Congress (Washington, District of Columbia)
- AAPB ID
If you have more information about this item than what is given here, we want to know! Contact us, indicating the AAPB ID (cpb-aacip/512-g15t72866f).
- Robert MacNeil and Jim Lehrer anchor gavel-to-gavel coverage of day 19 of the U.S. Senate Watergate hearings. In today's hearing, John Mitchell and Richard Moore testify.
- Asset type
- Event Coverage
- Politics and Government
- Watergate Affair, 1972-1974
- Media type
- Moving Image
Anchor: MacNeil, Robert
Anchor: Lehrer, James
Producing Organization: WETA-TV
- AAPB Contributor Holdings
Library of Congress
Identifier: 2341685-1-1 (MAVIS Item ID)
Format: 2 inch videotape
Identifier: cpb-aacip-512-g15t72866f__2341685-4-1.mp4.mp4 (mediainfo)
If you have a copy of this asset and would like us to add it to our catalog, please contact us.
- Chicago: “1973 Watergate Hearings; 1973-07-12; Part 1 of 5,” 1973-07-12, Library of Congress, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC, accessed May 24, 2019, http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_512-g15t72866f.
- MLA: “1973 Watergate Hearings; 1973-07-12; Part 1 of 5.” 1973-07-12. Library of Congress, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Web. May 24, 2019. <http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_512-g15t72866f>.
- APA: 1973 Watergate Hearings; 1973-07-12; Part 1 of 5. Boston, MA: Library of Congress, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Retrieved from http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_512-g15t72866f