Please note: This content is only available at WGBH and the Library of Congress. For information about on location research, click here.
If you have more information about this item than what is given here, we want to know! Contact us, indicating the AAPB ID (cpb-aacip/508-w66930ps8b).
- Hand Game
- Contributing Organization
- Vision Maker Media (Lincoln, Nebraska)
- AAPB ID
- VMM Inventory #
- This documentary explores the mythic and historic roots of contemporary gambling in the Northwest Native Society through a look at the traditional hand game (also called "stick game" or "bone game"). Traveling from reservation to reservation and meeting engaging and colorful players, the filmmakers show how traditional ways of thinking are alive today in Indian country. An inside view of an ancient form of gambling that combines strategy, wit and skill.
- Asset type
- Johnson, Larry, Producer
- Media type
- Moving Image
- Chicago: “Hand Game,” 2001-10-00, Vision Maker Media, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC, accessed May 21, 2018, http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_508-w66930ps8b.
- MLA: “Hand Game.” 2001-10-00. Vision Maker Media, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Web. May 21, 2018. <http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_508-w66930ps8b>.
- APA: Hand Game. Boston, MA: Vision Maker Media, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Retrieved from http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_508-w66930ps8b