Search the AAPB
If you have more information about this item than what is given here, we want to know! Contact us, indicating the AAPB ID (cpb-aacip/508-h41jh3dt0t).
- Contributing Organization
- Vision Maker Media (Lincoln, Nebraska)
- AAPB ID
- VMM Inventory #
Please note: This content is only available at WGBH and the Library of Congress. For information about on location research, click here.
- In the Light of Reverence explores American culture?s relationship to nature in three places considered sacred by native peoples: the Colorado Plateau in the Southwest, Mount Shasta in California, and Devils Tower in Wyoming. Rich in minerals and timber and beloved by recreational users, these ?holy lands? exert a spiritual gravity which pulls Native Americans into conflicts with mining companies, New Age practitioners, and rock climbers. Ironically, all sides see themselves as besieged. Their battles tell a new story of culture clashes in an ancient landscape.
- Asset type
- McLeod, Christopher, Producer
- Media type
- Moving Image
- Chicago: “In the Light of Reverence,” Vision Maker Media, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC, accessed June 23, 2017, http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_508-h41jh3dt0t.
- MLA: “In the Light of Reverence.” Vision Maker Media, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Web. June 23, 2017. <http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_508-h41jh3dt0t>.
- APA: In the Light of Reverence. Boston, MA: Vision Maker Media, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Retrieved from http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_508-h41jh3dt0t