The Wisconsin Magazine; 1323
- The Wisconsin Magazine
- Episode Number
- Contributing Organization
- Wisconsin Public Television (Madison, Wisconsin)
- AAPB ID
If you have more information about this item than what is given here, we want to know! Contact us, indicating the AAPB ID (cpb-aacip/29-79h44svk).
- This episode of Wisconsin Magazine includes three features: "Strike!", "Les Aspin's Crusade: The Business of Bombs" and "Found in Photos: The American Dream." The program also covers Native American hunting and fishing rights. The first segment details a strike at the Patrick Cudahy meatpacking plant in Milwaukee, and is followed by a roundtable conversation over court rulings granting expanded hunting seasons to Chippewa communities. Milwaukee Journal columnist Joel McNally satirizes state license plates. The second feature examines the role defense contracts play in supporting the state's economy: Art Hackett reports on a 1986 convention organized by Democratic Congressman Les Aspin to attract defense contracts to the state. Dr. John Kamisky speaks with Dave Iverson about a recent traveling exhibition of the Magna Carta and its relationship to the Constitution. The final segment looks at a collection of photographs on loan at the Milwaukee Art Museum.
- The Wisconsin Magazine is a weekly magazine featuring segments on local Wisconsin news and current events.
- Asset type
- Content provided from the media collection of Wisconsin Public Broadcasting, a service of the Board of Regents of the University of Wisconsin System and the Wisconsin Educational Communications Board. All rights reserved by the particular owner of content provided. For more information, please contact 1-800-422-9707
- Media type
- Moving Image
- AAPB Contributor Holdings
Wisconsin Public Television (WHA-TV)
Identifier: WPT1.5.1987.1323 MA (Wisconsin Public Television)
Format: 3/4 inch videotape
If you have a copy of this asset and would like us to add it to our catalog, please contact us.
- Chicago: “The Wisconsin Magazine; 1323,” 1987-00-00, Wisconsin Public Television, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC, accessed December 15, 2018, http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_29-79h44svk.
- MLA: “The Wisconsin Magazine; 1323.” 1987-00-00. Wisconsin Public Television, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Web. December 15, 2018. <http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_29-79h44svk>.
- APA: The Wisconsin Magazine; 1323. Boston, MA: Wisconsin Public Television, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Retrieved from http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_29-79h44svk