Louisiana: The State We're In; 461
- Episode Number
- Producing Organization
- Louisiana Public Broadcasting
- Contributing Organization
- Louisiana Public Broadcasting (Baton Rouge, Louisiana)
- AAPB ID
If you have more information about this item than what is given here, we want to know! Contact us, indicating the AAPB ID (cpb-aacip/17-62f7mz9v).
- The hosts look at historic preservation in Louisiana. First discussed is a renovation project in the French Quarter of New Orleans. Business owners talk about the economic benefits of historic preservation for the tourism industry. The hosts discuss how tax incentives have caused an influx of domestic and commercial historic preservation, which has raised the value of property in older neighborhoods. Next interviewed is a art conservator working on the preservation of the interior of St. Marys Church in New Orleans. The segment discusses the process that has taken over a year to restore the German-made altar. The conservator tours the altar and shows how she uncovered gold leaf and lacquer design covering up the original design from German craftsmen. The last segment explores how the government aids in historic preservation. Jibby Fox, the Secretary of the State Department of Cultural, Recreation, and Tourism is interviewed about how budget cuts will affect the arts in general, and historic preservation in particular.
- Louisiana: The State We're In is a magazine featuring segments on local Louisiana news and current events.
- Asset type
- Copyright 1981 Louisiana Education Television Authority
- Media type
- Moving Image
Copyright Holder: Louisiana Educational Television Authority
Producing Organization: Louisiana Public Broadcasting
- AAPB Contributor Holdings
Louisiana Public Broadcasting
Identifier: LSWI-19810327 (Louisiana Public Broadcasting Archives)
Format: 3/4 inch videotape: U-matic
If you have a copy of this asset and would like us to add it to our catalog, please contact us.
- Chicago: “Louisiana: The State We're In; 461,” 1981-03-27, Louisiana Public Broadcasting, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC, accessed April 21, 2019, http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_17-62f7mz9v.
- MLA: “Louisiana: The State We're In; 461.” 1981-03-27. Louisiana Public Broadcasting, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Web. April 21, 2019. <http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_17-62f7mz9v>.
- APA: Louisiana: The State We're In; 461. Boston, MA: Louisiana Public Broadcasting, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Retrieved from http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_17-62f7mz9v