American Archive of Public Broadcasting
Search the AAPB
If you have more information about this item than what is given here, we want to know! Contact us, indicating the AAPB ID (cpb-aacip/15-9fj29c7n).
- Ten O'Clock News
- Interview with George Wallace
- Contributing Organization
- WGBH (Boston, Massachusetts)
- AAPB ID
- Steve Nevas interviews George Wallace about his campaign for the Democratic presidential nomination. Nevas asks Wallace if he expects to do well with anti-busing voters in Massachusetts. Wallace comments on his chances in the Massachusetts primary, his relationship with the Democratic Party establishment and his role at the Democratic convention. Wallace says that he has never campaigned much in Massachusetts; that he is happy to have the opportunity to present his ideas to the Massachusetts voters. Wallace denounces the "expansion" of the federal government, and calls busing a social experiment. Wallace gives his opinions on the political positions of Ralph Nader (consumer advocate) and Ronald Reagan (Governor of California). He talks about his previous campaigns for the presidential nomination.
- Asset type
- Wallace, George C. (George Corley), 1919-1998; Humphrey, Hubert, 1911-1978; Kennedy, Edward M. (Edward Moore), 1932-2009; Reagan, Ronald; political campaigns; Busing for school integration; Segregation in education; Presidents -- United States -- Election -- 1976; Federal Government
- WGBH Educational Foundation, Publisher
- Media type
- Moving Image
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Interview with George Wallace,” 1976-00-00, WGBH, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC, accessed February 27, 2017, http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_15-9fj29c7n.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Interview with George Wallace.” 1976-00-00. WGBH, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Web. February 27, 2017. <http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_15-9fj29c7n>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Interview with George Wallace. Boston, MA: WGBH, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Retrieved from http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_15-9fj29c7n