Ten O'Clock News; Interview with George Wallace
This record is featured in “Voices of Democracy: Public Media and Presidential Elections.”
- Ten O'Clock News
- Interview with George Wallace
- Contributing Organization
- WGBH (Boston, Massachusetts)
- AAPB ID
If you have more information about this item than what is given here, we want to know! Contact us, indicating the AAPB ID (cpb-aacip/15-9fj29c7n).
- Steve Nevas interviews George Wallace about his campaign for the Democratic presidential nomination. Nevas asks Wallace if he expects to do well with anti-busing voters in Massachusetts. Wallace comments on his chances in the Massachusetts primary, his relationship with the Democratic Party establishment and his role at the Democratic convention. Wallace says that he has never campaigned much in Massachusetts; that he is happy to have the opportunity to present his ideas to the Massachusetts voters. Wallace denounces the "expansion" of the federal government, and calls busing a social experiment. Wallace gives his opinions on the political positions of Ralph Nader (consumer advocate) and Ronald Reagan (Governor of California). He talks about his previous campaigns for the presidential nomination.
- Te O'Clock News was a igh ly ews show, fea u i g epo s, ews s o ies, a d i e views o cu e eve s i Bos o a d he wo ld.
- Ten O'Clock News was a nightly news show, featuring reports, news stories, and interviews on current events in Boston and the world.
- Asset type
- Wallace, George C. (George Corley), 1919-1998; Humphrey, Hubert, 1911-1978; Kennedy, Edward M. (Edward Moore), 1932-2009; Reagan, Ronald; political campaigns; Busing for school integration; Segregation in education; Presidents -- United States -- Election -- 1976; Federal Government
- Rights Note:Media not to be released to Open Vault.,Rights Type:Web,Rights Credit:,Rights Holder:
- Rights Note:It is the responsibility of a production to investigate and re-clear all rights before re-use in any project.,Rights Type:All,Rights Credit:WGBH Educational Foundation,Rights Holder:WGBH Educational Foundation
- Media type
- Moving Image
Publisher: WGBH Educational Foundation
- AAPB Contributor Holdings
Identifier: de7500cd1a10cf4922ed7b576c15179345fc0536 (ArtesiaDAM UOI_ID)
If you have a copy of this asset and would like us to add it to our catalog, please contact us.
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Interview with George Wallace,” 1976-00-00, WGBH, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC, accessed April 19, 2019, http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_15-9fj29c7n.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Interview with George Wallace.” 1976-00-00. WGBH, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Web. April 19, 2019. <http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_15-9fj29c7n>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Interview with George Wallace. Boston, MA: WGBH, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (WGBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Retrieved from http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip_15-9fj29c7n